What is the best viewer for everything?

mythicalmermaid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have tried, Firestorm, Nirans, Dolphin, Catznip, Singularity and Exodus but they are not what I want, I want a viewer that runs smooth and you can take good pictures with and I want to be able to customize it, Nirans was good but...every time I logged in the whole place would keep flashing, it would stay still then 3 seconds later it would all flash and come back, please tell me what is the best one!

I am using Nirans Viewer now, and it is great.

4 answers to this question

Its not the viewer, its you...just saying. There is no viewer that will do a miracle out of a sudden, also taking good pictures is about talent and knowing how to adjust settings...not really about what viewer one uses.

• Like 1

The best one is the one that works for you.  We all have our favorites, but there is no BEST one for everyone.  If you are having flashing images, though, that's probably not any viewer's fault.  That's typically a symptom of a graphics card that is about to die, possibly from chronic overheating.  It might be a good idea to have a professional take a look at it.

• Like 2

"Best" is highly subjective, and differs for each person. I like Firestorm, but some prefer V3, some are diehard Catznip fans, some refuse to switch from Phoenix, etc.

The viewer won't take good pictures, but you can. Look for some good photo-taking tutorials, find some good lighting setting, etc. 

If by "runs smooth" you mean "has little lag," then that's not really the viewer, either. Or at least, not entirely. It can be partially the viewer's fault, but it's also partially your computer, your internet connection, and/or the sim you're on.

The flashing issue is your computer, not the viewer.

• Like 1

I think that all viewers have to potential to work at a decent speed and smoothness. The main issue is making sure you are aware of the settings impletented and turn them down as necessary to increase performance.

SL is VERY graphic intensive and some apps can take advantage of the graphics more than others. To have the best SL experience, graphically that is, you will need a computer with a decent CPU and GPU. Otherwise you should turn down as many graphical settings as possible.

Ive tried many viewers and have to say this Niran viewer is pretty sweet. When I first started it I was getting very poor FPS though it was still very smooth ( had anti-aliasing on by default). If you turn off alot of the graphic options that come enabled by default or turn them down you experience may start to get better.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.