Engagement ring puffer

GinPhx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Does anyone know how I can get rid of the roses puffer that comes with a lot, if not all, engagement rings from JCNY? When the ring is put on it has this explosion of roses that go to the ring. I have to be in a show where changing of outfits is required but those puffer things aren't allowed. I looked in contents and I didn't see a script for them that could be removed unless I missed it. Thank you!

3 answers to this question

If you have mod perms on the ring (unlikely), just drop this script into it

default{    state_entry()    {        llParticleSystem([]);        llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());    }}

The line that says llRemoveInventory automatically deletes this script once it has done its job.  If you don't have mod perms, all you can do is contact the creator and ask for a non-poof version of the ring.

ETA ---  Although ... if the particle display only happens when you put the ring on, but not if you rez it on the table, there HAS to be a script somewhere in the ring.  My little script will have no effect if that's the case, because the other script will just start the particles up again.  If that's the case, you'll just have to examine every prim in the ring till you find it.

• Like 1

In addition to the other great suggestions...try wearing a different ring.  It's unlikely that, during a fashion show, anyone is going to be zooming in close to see if the ring you are wearing is the engagement ring you showed them yesterday.  Not even your fiance, if he's in the audience.

Here's another, more complex solution.

1.  Create one basic outfit with your shape, skin, eyes, baldie, the HUDS you usually wear, and any other items that you ALWAYS have on, like your engagement ring.  Let's call this Outfit Zero.

2.  Your other outfits will be everything else EXCEPT these basic parts.

3.  To put on one of these clothing outfits, right click its folder, select Add To Current Outfit.

4.  Before putting on another outfit, take the old one off.  To keep the engagement ring from doing its roses thing, do it like this: 

a.  Go to your outfits folder, open the clothing outfit currently worn, select Remove From Current Outfit.  This puts you back at Outfit Zero.

b.  Open the outfit folder for the next ensemble you want to wear, select Add To Current Outfit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.