First time Firestorm user..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh, that's what gamers do to move, eh? WOW, that trick should help me in racing; I could steer the boat and trim sails at the same time. Super! For now I do everything with just one hand, using just the 4 arrows and mouse. No wonder I always stink when it comes to maneuvres.

But won't that render my keyboard unusable for chat?

No.  When your cursor is in the chat window, you type letters.  When you hit ESC ESC to get out of chat and give the main window the "focus", your WASD keys move your avatar.  Also F, E, C keys. (Fly, Jump/Fly Up, Crouch/Fly Down)

The only downside to this is when you are NOT in the chat window, and you go to reply to someone without thinking and type E, your avatar leaps into the air!

i'm not sure why they make that the default really..that ends up being my first thing i change when i use that viewer..

maybe there was a majority that requested it or something..

this last time it took me forever to find it because i forgot where the setting was hehehe

for me when firestorm was in pre-alpha it ran so nice..i was loving it..then beta came and it was still running very nice..

but since it's first real release past beta..i haven't been able to use it..which makes me sad about that..

because it is a fun viewer..

i just tried their latest the otherday to see if things changed for me..

i ended up still stuck on the LL viewer for now until i can find something with good performance for me with goodies in it..

i love firestorm..i just think i've become out dated to it is all =(

Ceka Cianci wrote:

I'm not sure why they make that the default really.That ends up being my first thing I change when I use that viewer..

Maybe there was a majority that requested it or something..

This last time it took me forever to find it because I forgot where the setting was hehehe

for me when firestorm was in pre-alpha it ran so nice..i was loving it..then beta came and it was still running very nice..

but since it's first real release past beta..i haven't been able to use it..which makes me sad about that..

because it is a fun viewer..

i just tried their latest the otherday to see if things changed for me..

i ended up still stuck on the LL viewer for now until i can find something with good performance for me with goodies in it..

i love firestorm..i just think i've become out dated to it is all =(

i used firestorm today because the sl viewer was being a fart. My inventory worked but it kept loading. Kept saying fetching.  I always wanted to try firestorm or phoenix but  was imitated. After dealing with inventory mess for hours I figured what the h3ll. Now or never. It is so smooth, my house is rather big there is no lag. Down side is sims take a bit more time to load but only slightly. Not enough to want to make me gouge my eyes out. The only thing I have to get used to is when I right click its a circle instead of a list. Trips me out at times.

Sephina, that circle is the famous oldschool pie menu. It's in SL viewers from the very first moment on, and when V2 came out we oldbies were freaked out by the fugly browser-like list menus, same as you are now by the pie menu. Anyway, the TPVs brought back the pie menus for us. But in FS I guess you have the choice. After install they prolly asked you if you want to view in V3, hybrid or Phoenix mode.

I myself am on TPVs since 07 and never went back to original LL viewer, except a short stint on Snowglobe and a very very short testing period of that mess that was the first V2 viewer. Like many peed off residents I was of the opinion that if I want a browser-like experience I'd use a phukin browser. But I want a SL viewer. And since LL mucked it up so royally I'd never even thought about using their products ever again.

Amras Alder wrote:

If you like, you can get rid of the Pie Menu in
Prefs/User Interface/General
.... by un-ticking "
Use Pie Menu
." when you do that, it reverts to a Linear Menu. These instructions are for FS 4.3.1 (the current version).

Thank you  but I think I am getting used to it. However the minimize button being an x button is still one I am working on lol..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.