Marketing with Hunts

Deja Letov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Most of you probably know I've always been a strong advocate for using hunts to market your business and I know some people swear they don't work. Well I was going through some of my reporting for January and thought I'd share something. Basically this report shows me the list of everyone who grabbed my free hunt item AND made at least one other purchase during that exact same time period (I just grabbed a snippet from the report, there are pages of names). So we aren't talking about previous sales here, I manually went through and looked and almost all of them were made on the same day that the hunt item was grabbed and a few were made a few days after, which means they probably went home and unpacked their item and then came back to check out the store.

I know some still have doubts about hunts, but honestly if you haven't given it a try lately, take a stab at it. It's not just full of people coming to grab something for free. If you have a product line that people find attractive to their wallet, they will spend money and they will explore your store! I do 2-3 hunts per month and while some do overlap in these sales, each hunt brings more and more new people to my store so it's a great way to market and get new sales. Anyway, I was just going over my marketing plans to see what changes I need to make and thought this would be good to share with other merchants who aren't already doing hunts.

therpurchasesfromfreebies.jpg

Yes, I would most highly recommend the Gold Hunt and Fish Hunt which are easily the biggest grid-wide hunts in Second Life. My experiences and those of people I know have been very positive :matte-motes-agape:

They have about 30,000 active players per month. There's a huge social community behind it and they really combat and prevent bots! www.goldtokens.net

I haven't done any of the game hunts yet. I'll definitely give those a try though. But you have to pay for those don't you? The onl thing I've done is the free hunts like the regular store to store hunts like Twisted, Medieval Fantasy, Evil Bunny Hunts, etc.

Torleyman wrote:

Yes, I would most highly recommend the Gold Hunt and Fish Hunt which are easily the biggest grid-wide hunts in Second Life. My experiences and those of people I know have been very positive :matte-motes-agape:

They have about 30,000 active players per month. There's a huge social community behind it and they really combat and prevent bots! 

I just went and checked out the gold hunt and fish hunt and put it on my land. That was quite an interesting experience. Talk about fast traffic.

The pattern I see because I have a lot of inexpensive items sitting around as landscape decor, all of them set to sell copies,  is that the occasional hunter will go on a small shopping spree and buy a whole bunch of one kind of decor or visit the vendors and go nuts.

I should take the time on the next hunt to check hunters against later purchases.

Even if it doesn't increase sales noticeably, it's fun to make totally different things - I try to do something totally different for any hunt, not anything too close to my main products.

I love doing hunts, who doesn't love freebies? But my main motivation is to see stores and come across products I wouldn't have found otherwise.

On this springs Twisted Hunt I spent about 5,000 Linden in Hunt shops doing gacha's and buying things I loved when I saw them. I always do that, hunts for me aren't to get things for free only, they're a shopping experience, too!

iCade wrote:

who doesn't love freebies?

Me. I avoid them nowadays.

I used to love them when I was still a young avatar. I could spend days with hunting freebies, fitting them or rezzing them. I learned a lot from playing around with freebies.

But after a while it became to much of a hassle to check everything out I picked up, and most of all cleaning up that inventory every time, put things in folders, ohterwise you don't even remember you have them. When I was about one year old I deleted most freebies from my inventory. More then 50% were boxes I had never ever opened.

I enjoy it more to create, then to pick up someone elses creations. It is much easier to keep your inventory organised when you buy what you need, and let the rest sit on the grid (or in het marketplace) where it sits.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.