Merchant outbox problem

North Glenwalker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the last day or so, when I open the merchant outbox, it just shows the create a Marketplace Store link and will not let me drop anything into it.

This was on FS, so I have just downloaded and run SLV and it's showing the same.

I have been into my store, edited it so it's status refreshes, and my current store items are listed and selling.

Ideas please

Howdy, North

Below your thread is another started by RiderDavis.  He had the same problem and then came back and said:

Dear Highly Frustrated Merchants,

After TWO Jira cases and absolutely no actual help of any kind, I resolved this problem... And this is how...

I closed SL, logged out fo the website.

Logged into the website.

==> Changed the website language from English to French, and back to English again.

Logged into Second Life... And magically MONTHS AND MONTHS later... ...I am now using Direct Delivery.

Please... PLEASE try this. I truly do not know how... But it might save your hiney like it did mine.

I know it sounds silly, but it helped his and another's boxes.  If it DOESN'T work for you, I suggest you open a support case and have them reset your outbox for you.  

Reply from LL -

I am sorry that you are having difficulty with your Merchant Outbox.

Please download the Merchant Outbox Project Viewer, located here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers#Merchant_Outbox

Please ensure that the viewer that is downloaded is called the "Merchant Outbox Project Viewer" as the other viewers linked on the page will not work to try to correct the issue.

You may then follow the steps for using the viewer outlined in the DD FAQ post, located here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Direct-Delivery-Migration-FAQ/m-p/1923527#M32663

Dante Qoida wrote:

"No file
was sent
to
the market place
due to
a system error or
network."

:smileymad: 
I
lost
my
money
with
this bull**bleep**!

Even merchant outboxes that are working correctly get that message sometimes. Actually, recently, it's been happening a lot. Mostly because there are thousands and thousands of merchants sending these requests and such through the merchant outbox constantly. At some point, the sent folders get choked out because too many requests are coming in. Everyone is trying to beat the recently added deadlines, so I expect this message to be more and more frequent.

When it happens to me, I wait a few seconds, and retry. If it continues, I wait longer, and retry. That particular message is something that although extremely frustrating to us, we should be happy to see it. It means the system is doing what most would expect a system like that to do. Too many requests should cause either a complete stop, or at least a pause, and a message letting us know an "error" occurred. If it didn't, we'd likely see a lot more problems, like believing things got sent when in reality, they never did. So this sort of warning, imo, is better than believing everything went fine when it didn't. Considering just how many ways the MP and SL in general screw up, and need a huge amount of improvement, this message doesn't fit onto that list. It's not an actual error, it's expected behavior that they inform us about with a poorly worded response(I wouldn't call it an error at all, and would better inform merchants as to the reason why this happens..aka..too many requests and not enough room for them all). And yes I know no one wants to hear that, but it's true.

Trust me I know how frustrating that message is. I was recently updating and it took me friggen forever because I kept getting that message over and over again. Eventually though, it all went through. I did give up one night because it was frustrating me though. Which, imo, is a good thing. Once I'm that frustrated, walking away is best. It wasn't the MP acting up, or sl, though. It was just clear I chose a time to send folders through and others were also using that time to do the same. There can only be so much room. We can't all fit through the door at once.

I don't see how that error caused you to lose money though, despite being annoying and frustrating.

expect? you laugh, it's four days I expect! with box xstreet there was no problem.
 :smileymad:

And yes it makes me lose money! I my of a product for sale in the same day and sold it several times! Logically if I sell a product not created the same day so less and less sales purchase for me!

If their system and not on a point they leave the box xstreet!
The box was xstreet can be created by amateurs but the result was professional!

Now that we are being forced into the "Merchant Outbox", I'm trying to drag items into it.  IT IS NOT WORKING... I even downloaded the LL viewer to use it.  Not working and they are doing away with the old x-street box soon. 

I need to know what I am doing wrong.  I read everything on it, does at says.  NOTHING. 

Need help

must go to this address: https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa/CreateIssue!default.jspa

1. In the upper-right hand, click Log In. (This site is owned by Linden Lab, so you'll see the usual web login form.)
  2. Click +Create Issue in the upper-right.
  3. Choose the BUG Project.

info here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-report-a-bug/ta-p/733545

For me it functioned according to their response

agree this is awful it doesn't work on about 50% of all items. the only reason i see LL rushed this is they are absolutely desperate to save server costs with the rate of month-to-month sim loss.

:catmad:

then again, they have had how many months to perfect the process. total amateurs... worse really, i bet amateurs do it better

as the little SLexchange crew proved :catsad:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.