Anyhone know what this SL message means?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have an IM from a customer who bought an item from me. She said that she got a message saying that she had paid for it and then another straight away saying,  "cannot derezz object due to inventory fault". I've never come across that message before and none of the things I sell are one-offs, so customers get copies. Derezzing an item never comes into it. The reason she IMed me is because she said that she didn't receive the item.

Anyone any ideas?

Every time I've seen the message, it's been a temporary glitch in the system and always rights itself. Sometimes after a cache clear, sometims not. It's also sometimes happened during maintenance, inventory or otherwise, on their part. But I don't think it's even actually associated with the item in question(even more so if the customer didn't get the item). I've seen the message a few times over the years and not once has it been associated with either recieving an item(or not) or rezzing/de-rezzing something. If that makes any sense. It's just a random message that pops up. No rhyme or reason.

Even when I asked for help on it before, the lab couldn't tell me what caused it, or what it was even referring to.

Tari Landar wrote:

I've seen the message a few times over the years and not once has it been associated with either recieving an item(or not) or rezzing/de-rezzing something. If that makes any sense. It's just a random message that pops up. No rhyme or reason.

I've seen the same message few times too.  Those what I have seen, have happened when there has been recently some inventory maintenace done by the Lab.  The message is indeed very odd, I've never lost a thing when that message has popped up.

I don't think it only happens when works been done, or being done. I've had it happen randomly when no work's been done recently at all. I think that was just the best answer they could give at the time. At least it's one of those weird things that doesn't mess anything up and always rights its own self.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.