ESC won't work

Cookie Kappler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am unable to use the ESC key to change my camera view to the default (behind avatar). This worked fine for 6+ years, so I must have somehow done something to change it. How can I get my ESC key to revert back to default camera view after  editing an object, etc.? Any help is very much appreciated.

I always liked using only ESC myself too  but  that that got changed a long time ago.....

Really? *befuddled* I still use plain old Esc and never had any problem with it. I wonder what actually changed, then, to make Shift-Esc necessary for some people. (Could this be an OS change? I'm on Linux, so I'm accustomed to removing unhelpful window manager key bindings, but never had to do anything about Esc.)

SHIFT+ESC is a TPV thing. Phoenix/Firestorm have it i think. am pretty sure it goes all the way back to emerald. even before maybe

way back when someone added a new camera settings toggle for some reason

I think on the TPV then ESC resets the view and SHIFT+ESC resets the camera angles. I think is also possible in FS to change the key assigns in the Shortcuts setup dialog. don't know exactly bc I not use it. but maybe can change it back in there somehow

+

on official viewer is just ESC. has always been that now and since forever on all versions

Thank you, Eric, for your response. For whatever reason, when I went into 2nd Life to try the SHIFT-ESC, today, it magically corrected itself, and the ESC key works perfectly again. Yesterday, I had tried rebooting my computer, etc., and nothing fixed it, but today, it works again. Just a 2nd Life anomaly, I guess. I appreciate your help and will keep that in mind if it happens again.

Thanks, dd Temin. I had updated to the lates viewer a month or so ago, but the ESC key worked until two days ago. Now, today, it works again as usual. I have no idea why, but I'm glad it fixed itself, and I'll remember the SHIFT-ESC keys if it happens again. I'm so grateful for everyone's help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.