Goonsquad griefing attack on Kress

Marina Ramer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today a new attack was added this time form "Goonsquad" shich even provides the abuser object name, this was added to the attacks that we are suffering on Kress land for 4 days now

The first attack was an obscene particle spam, and this new one loads a sexual site and spams our window so bad that makes you relog

We, together with all neighbours had submited over a dozen of ARs alreayd to Governor Linden with screenshots and Liden does not replies or helps so far after 4 days of complaining

If this situation persists we will be forced to abandonate our lands here on Kress sadly

Bumpety bump.

I had my home set there, and a few days ago saw the object spam. I reported the incident, including the names of the owner and creator of the objects. However we know this wont help.

I tried to come back there earlier today, and immediately got object spammed, Marinahas already described.

So unfortunately, i had to set home elsewhere.

Good luck Marina.

Those spammy Goon Squad attacks have been popping up all around SL.

To stop the spam, simply mute/block the owner. (It isnt always the same name though).

Hopefully your AR will be dealt with eventually.

Wherever the offending boxes have appeared, LL will probably be overwhelmed with reports, so might take time to deal with them all.

Yes.... Linden & "Eventually"... we have Easter come up and our 2 Romance Suites.. well.. no one rents when there are naked genitalia flying around, or you get spammed with popups at a dozen the second...

Its a shame Linden dosnt care about this, or simply misses the manpower to enforce a spamfree SL, ON THEIR OWN (e.g. Home-) land...

Moving the suites will cost money, eat more hours, and heh, if the new Sim has another spammer... well you catch the meaning.... this is an extremely dissatisfying customer service. 4th day and still...

MG Canonmill wrote:

Don't give in Marina, unless you really want to move. That's exactly what these clowns want you to do. Find a friends place to hang out at an keep reporting, daily if necessary. If you like your home, don't give in.

well said, giving up and quitting just gives them vindication. And if they're paid by competitors to SL to do this (which I've experienced in the past when doing customer support for a game company) and people quit SL over this you're just showing that paying to get griefing attacks launched is an effective way to hurt a competitor.

25 of March today like 7 days and LL still doesnt react

Thanks for the advices guy and yes of course I can solve the problem for myself but still I have a business here so customers that arrives gets this spam and just leaves and for that I cnanot keep waiting much longer, it sucks really to pay por premium support and get ZERO support, thanks Lindens!!!

I am your neighbor to the south in Weber. I have filed 5 separate reports for 5 attacks. Each time I tell them to not only clean up Weber but to look at the regions surrounding it.. I have banned building and scripting on my parcels for now. Everyone needs to do the same until these guys get bored and go away. It may be frustrating but, it is about the only option we have right now.

Brock Fabre wrote:

That does  not work in this case. The objects are named "object" and if you have one object of that name already in your ban list, it will not recognize the new "object" I have turned off scripts and limited building on my land for now.

You don't want to block the object, but rather the resident who owns the object. (This works differently in different generations of viewers, so... hopefully you can figure out how to do it.)

At least for this particular wave of griefing, it's overkill to disable scripts and rezzing, and much easier and more effective to simply set a non-zero auto-return (assuming all desired objects are set appropriately so they won't get returned).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.