How Can I get a list of Objects that an avatar is wearing???

Malestorm1488303118

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I tried using LLSensor but it seems to exclude objects attached to an avatar.

I then tried to script an object that I wore, hoping to navigate the attached objects in the avatars linkset, but that does not work either.

I just want to be able to generate a script report showing the scripted items and their script stats.  I get lots of people coming onto my sim wearing a ridiculous number of scripts an then they think I am the bad guy for asking them to shed them.   Most don't even understand that those old resizer scripts in their boots are active and chewing up memory.    So  I need  a simple tool  that they can sit on or wear that will let them know what things they are wearing and their processing impact.

I don't think this is possible. I haven't actually tried a cloud of llCastRay()s all around the agent's location, but I'm pretty sure that will fail, too.

About the best I can think of to do--which is so limited as to be quite pointless--would be to send chat on channels that coax certain well-known scripts to reply, and then measure the script count of those objects. You could get everything that uses standard particle chains, for example--collars, cuffs, some naughty bits--and if you know the channels, some other naughty bits and accessories. Many such things are indeed script-heavy (especially "vintage" versions), but you'd miss all the other old lame stuff with resizers in every prim.

(Also note that I mentioned script count here. There are other threads around somewhere explaining why script memory is a completely useless metric.)

If you'd like you can use the same system(s) that many RP sims use these days: When avis visit, get their script details as far as thats possible and if above a specific limit, send them a polite notice and flag them. If they keep coming back without changing, ban them.

One word of caution: Script time is inaccurate when an avi first enters the sim, as the script state transfer chews up processing cycles. You'll need to at least wait a minute before getting halfway acceptable values. If the avi wears a lot of scripts, the time to settle goes up in a linear fashion as the simulator only initializes scripts at a slow rate (it's a bit more complex than that, but that's kind of the gist of it).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.