SHABBY MAINLAND FREE FOR ALL

Delightful Demina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

IT IS A SHAME the main lands are not better handled and permitted to look dirty and littlred with so much useless trash. main land roads and water ways could be beautiful if a few rules were set in place. Between the littered sky's with junk prims and sim griefing the abuse of mainland treasures is disgraceful.

no, mainland is not free for all...tier must be paid

sorry, i couldn't resist...hehe

and since sl is "Your world, Your imagination", that means unless you are paying the tier, it's non of your business, and in that case, derender is your friend

if you want a HOA, rent land from a private estate...it's that simple...:)

well said. And if you've good neighbours and are a decent person yourself, often something can be worked out (though sometimes the land owner hasn't been on in ages but for whatever reason does keep paying tier, so LL doesn't list him as inactive).

• 3 weeks later...

I agree there is no reason for the clutter and litter. I dno't think they were talking about what neighbors build but what piles up on abandoned or untended parcels. Sometimes someone left SL and it takes years for them to clear from the system. I ran into that a few times in an old neighborhood; meanwhile build was on their land, and object return off, so clutter piled up. 

Also not all of us can derender things on our viewers so I get sick of peopel saying to do that. One also cannot spend all day clicking and derendering every prim in SL.

If object return were turned on and build and ban lines turned off on every abandoned parcel, automatically, that would in itself do a lot to improve mainland.

and I get sick of people stating that LL "should do something" because of their their choice of old viewers that lack such functionality not allowing them to do something themselves.

I do agree that a cleanup campaign would be nice, but one person's junk is another person's treasure.
Were I in charge of that campaign e.g. I'd include every gambling den, privacy screen, adboard, etc. etc. in the cleanup. I doubt some people would like that...

• 2 weeks later...

Delightful Demina wrote:

IT IS A SHAME the main lands are not better handled and permitted to look dirty and littlred with so much useless trash. main land roads and water ways could be beautiful if a few rules were set in place. Between the littered sky's with junk prims and sim griefing the abuse of mainland treasures is disgraceful.

I hate to say it but you are preaching to the Choir here.

I do agree, I'd love to see the clutter cleaned up.  Especially the sky clutter.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.