2nd life keeps crashing when playing

drwho23

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

I assume that this is a continuation of your earlier question at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/qanda/questionpage/blog-id/sla_technical/article-id/30857, where you also did not tell us anything about your computer or Internet connection.  You have apparently managed to get past the problem of locking up at Initializing VFS, though, so that's progress.  As Ansariel says, though, it's nearly impossible to guess what's wrong now without having more information than you have offered so far.  We don't even know whether you are really crashing or disconnecting. So, in addition to telling us about your computer, tell us exactly what error messages you are getting.

If you are not getting any error messages, begin worrying about overheating, which can easily cause serious, expensive damage.  Disconnecting consistently after 2-5 minutes in world is a classic symptom of a computer trying to escape from to much heat.

• Like 2

hi and thanks for helping out again. and yes i finally did get back on after doing what you told me to try out on the earlier question

so below is the required info u asked for

this is the 2 messages it comes up with after 2l stops runnig

message 1:

crash error report

gathering hardware information app may appear frozen

message 2

sending to server 1

this then goes and i can log back on but it crashes and repeat's.

here is my laptop info

aspire 5750

intel core i3-2310m

(2.1GHz 3MB L3cache)

intel hd craphics 3000 up to 1760mb dynamic video memory

1.56"HD LED LCD

4 GB DDR3 memory

500GB HDD

378 gb of free storage space left on laptop

regarding the internet connection side of things. i have got a problem with bt at the moment as the connection is sometimes good and sometimes bad but when i play 2nd life its at full connection and hasen`t interrupted things in the past

OK, so you are crashing, not disconnecting. It looks like you have a budget model of the Aspire 5750 laptop. From what I can see, they were usually shipped with a i5 or i7 chip, and you have an i3. The HD 3000 graphics chip is also moderately lightweight. If you have been trying to push it to more than Medium quality graphics you may be stressing the machine. Try reducing your draw distance and keeping the quality slider in the mid-range and see if that helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.