How to remove prims from parcel

GinPhx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a region which I have divided but I want to control the prims for each parcel. I noticed the prims get assigned based on area of land. Is there a way to reduce the prims per parcel? For example if one parcel has 1070 prims how do I make it 936? I know how to add prims to a parcel is it possible to reduce?

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Hello Gin,

Here are the basics:

1) When you own a region, you create parcels on it of various sizes in order to lease out the land and the associated number of prims is uses.

2) The easiest way to lease out the parcels is to allow potential tenants to "buy" the parcel from you and then make monthly or weekly payments to you. [not to worry, you are still the region owner and can do the needed land administration tasks.] This method allows the land settings to revert to the tenant and the associated prims are limited to those offered by the land area. The advantage to this method is the tenant gets exactly what they pay for with no further intervention from you the region owner.

3) Basic parcel sizing is usually done as follows:

1024x01: 1/64 Island -     234 prims
2048x01; 1/32 Island -     468 prims
4096x01: 1/16 Island -     937 prims
4096x02: 1/8 Island   -   1875 prims
4096x04: 1/4 Island   -   3750 prims
4096x08: 1/2 Island   -   7500 prims
4096x16: Full Island  - 15000 prims

4) You set the monthly/weekly rates you want for the parcels.

5) If a tenant wants; extra prims you need to lease them a larger parcel, period!!! You can cut them a custom one to match their budget as well. I stopped doing this as it makes parcel management impossibly difficult on an ongoing basis and you end up with unleasible parcels.

6) The region prim bonus factor feature does NOT allow you to increase the prim count on an individual parcel. All this feature does is allow you to concentrate the prims more densely in the parcels you lease out. This is still based on the area size. So a Prim bonus factor of 1.05 allows the allocation of 15750 prims in total on your region even though there are only 15000 available. none the less, the server your region is on will only allow 15000 prims maximum be rezzed.

Warning: If you set this to any value above 1.0 then you also have to set aside a parcel [usually Common Grounds] that you never attempt to use all the prims in. Why? That extra 750 prims in the formula above doesn't really exist. You need to set aside enough land in a parcel that is never leased to cover that shift of 750 prims to your tenants parcels.

Using a Prim Bonus Factor of 1.05 on a region nets these results:

1024x01: 1/64 Island -     246 prims
2048x01; 1/32 Island -     491 prims
4096x01: 1/16 Island -     984 prims
4096x02: 1/8 Island   -   1969 prims
4096x04: 1/4 Island   -   3937 prims
4096x08: 1/2 Island   -   7875 prims
4096x16: Full Island  - 15750 prims

As a practical example:

1) it you leased the whole island out to a single individual, their parcel available prim count would show 15750 available, However all they would be able to rez is the 15000 prim limit for that region!

2) If you set aside one 4096 sqm parcel [ 984 prims total ] as a commons for the tenants, then each of the remaining parcels would have the number of prims indicated in the above chart available to them. You as the landlord could use up to [984 - 750] = 234 prims to theme the common grounds as the remaining 750 prims are in reality promised to your tenants.

Note: Back in the wild old days, unscrupulous land owners would promise that THEY owned regions that allowed more prims per sqm that others using this trick. Many over leased their islands and when tenants complained about not getting their promised prims the "Fit hit the Sham!"

So to answer your original question: You need to resize your parcels!

• Like 4

I wish that LL had coded the Bonus Factor feature as you described. On a per-parcel basis. It would make leasing additional prims to existing tenants so much easier. The reality is what I wrote however. Of course to make this work then the Server code would have to "know" where the prim savings account parcel was.(

What they ended up coding [bonus Factor] was abused so much back 5+ years ago by those who based leasing rates on a per prim basis. All because they didn't want to burden the server with some easy algebra calculations. LOL

Yeah, as I look at what I wrote, it wasn't clear what I meant. You can set some parcels (that is, all but ONE) with a bonus factor > 1.0, but the one that's NOT ( the common space) by definition has a lower bonus factor, since they have to average out at 1.0 across the sim. You can't set parcels within the non-Common space to different bonus factors selectively

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.