I drezzed house, autoreturned furniture, now its not in my inventory, looked everywhere HELP

crazykatz Huntress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Hello,

clear your cache, then relog, then let your inventory fully load, and look in your lost & found folder.

Check all items there, when something gets returned it often comes into the lost & found folder as a 'coalesced object', with the name of only one of the items you had rezzed, so go to a sandbox, rez all coalesced objects from your lost & found folder, and see if the item that you're missing is part of one of them.

See also: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_to_retrieve_coalesced_items

ETA: If you deleted your house then it would be in your 'Trash' folder.

• Like 1

OK... don't panic yet.   First of all, it wasn't very smart to autoreturn things.   That meant that they all came back packaged in a single large lump called a coalesced object.  You'll find it somewhere in your inventory with an icon next to it that looks like a stack of bricks.  Unfortiunately, it probably has an unrecognizable name (like "Object") or the name of some insignificant item that was part of the package (a dish or something equally dumb).  If you can't find it right away, click on the Recent tab in inventory.  You might have to reset filters to look back a few days if you don't find it right away.  Follow the instructions at that link above to see how to rez your stuff again, but please remember two very important rules (other than don't do that again):

1. Open your Edit tool (CTRL+3) first, before you try to rez your coalesced object, and

2. Rez it in the middle of a very large space.

Now, the time to panic is when you consider what you meant when you said you "derezzed" your house.  There is no such function.  You can't derezz anything.  You have only two options: (1) TAKE it back to inventory or (2) DELETE it.  If you took your house back to inventory, it's there somewhere.  Maybe in another coalesced object.  If you deleted it, it's gone.  Forever.  (OK, not always, or even usually. see permalinks.) I hope you had a backup copy.

• Like 1

If you delete something in inventory, yes. If you delete something that's rezzed in world, it's gone. I truly hate it when I forget that and delete something with an unsaved script in it. I did that again just last weekend. Had to write the whole script again.

I can't replicate this, and I've just tried with Catznip, Firestorm and the official Viewer. No matter how I delete a rezzed prim, be it with the menu or the delete key of my keyboard, the prim ends up in my trash. I don't know what happens to its contents, and particularly not to a new script inside it when the prim has never been in my inventory, but certainly rezzed prims finish up in my trash, however they've been deleted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.