what plat, moving in sl,lag alot

rere27

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hay

im rere27 resident

I dont knew what is plat,but every time i go to a friends land it seen i direct it on the land....what is that ( plat )....went i walk i down walk a lil bite i more all the other side of sl..and i delete the phoenix firestorm and reinstalled it i having issues that phoenix ferestorm...i dont knew why butt i run in the wall a lot with my avi..it seen that we im with people on sl i lag them..

3 answers to this question

I don't know what "plat" is either.  It is not a normal word in Second Life.  I do not understand the rest of your message, except for the part about running into walls.  All beginners do that.  If you are having more trouble walking than the average beginner, you probably have a poor Internet connection.  If you are using a wireless connection, stop doing that.  Use a direct LAN cable instead.  Reboot your router by unplugging it from the power for a few minutes.

I am guessing English is not your first language. Try your post in your native. See if you get better answers.

PLAT... that doesn't fit. There is plot, which can mean a piece of land. We generally use the world 'parcel,' meaning a piece of land as used in Second Life.

If that piece of land (plot or parcel) is next to a region boundary, you can experience problems as you cross the region boundary. If your connection is having problems you can also have problems moving around. There is a phenomenon we call rubber-banding, where you walk forward and some times walk through walls then sudden spring back and start walking forward again.

The problem can come from connection lag or server lag. Read Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection to figure out if it is your Internet connection or the server.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.