WANTED A SPECIFIC SCRIPT

xDramaQueeNx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some times when i purcase something from marketplace or from inworld Stores they are automatically subscribe me in their Subscribe lists without Pressing any subscribe board or something. Example: I purcase an item from marketplace and i automatically been subscriber to Stores Group. I want to find this script to place it to my Store and marketplace too but i dont know what script is this. I search at PXL and hippo and i dont find any script like this.  Do you know what script is this or where i can find a script like that?

I am sure there are other solutions but I know if you buy HIppoVend and HippoGroups they work together -- that is, you can set the HippoVendor automatically to add people to your Subscribe List.   See here for futher details.

You should be aware, though, that a lot of people object very much to being added to an update group in this way, and are likely to AR you for spamming if you send them unexpected notifications.

I don't know if LL do anything about such ARs, but I wouldn't use that facilty.  It's easy enough to rez something by the vendor for people to touch if they want to receive product news, and I would imagine you probably lose as many sales as you gain by spamming people, as they tend to see it.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

I am sure there are other solutions but I know if you buy HIppoVend and HippoGroups they work together -- that is, you can set the HippoVendor automatically to add people to your Subscribe List.   See

You should be aware, though, that a lot of people object very much to being added to an update group in this way, and are likely to AR you for spamming if you send them unexpected notifications.

I don't know if LL do anything about such ARs, but I wouldn't use that facilty.  It's easy enough to rez something by the vendor for people to touch if they want to receive product news, and I would imagine you probably lose as many sales as you gain by spamming people, as they tend to see it.

I have already Subscriber Kiosk. In hippo and pxl i do not find the specific script that im looking for.

I have see those 2 examples

Example 1) a pop up window with subscribe / unsubscribe comes to me when i purcase something from marketplace.

the 1st example i have see it only one time in Sl.

Example 2) I have automatically been subscribe when i purcase an item from marketplace.

The second example i have see it in some Big and popular stores and i never press any subscrbe board to join in their lists. I join automatically after my purcase.

1) I dont want to spam the people! I want just to send them 1-2 messages everyttime i have a new release.

2) I have see it in some other stores that are Big and popular

"and are likely to AR you for spamming if you send them unexpected notifications." They can unsubscribe any time from the subscribe board at the Inworld Store and they will be informed that they are automatically subscribed if i find this script :((

I don't know if the systems you mentioned - but it isn't all too hard to implement something like you want. It won't, however fit in seamlesly with Hippo or pxi - at least I would assume so. Most likely, you would have to import the avas in your messaging system - or you'd have to have your own system.I have built such devices on several occations, though.

You may not mind being subscribed simply by making a purchase, but I believe, strongly, you are in the minority there. Most people I've come across do despise it, and most people I've come across will be annoyed by it. Just searching these forums will give you evidence of that. You can also poll people inworld, and you're likely to find that most do not want that sort of thing.

Me, I hate it. Even if I can unsubscribe at any time, it's still extremely annoying to be added to any group,  list or subscriber I didn't ask to be added to. Even if the creator only sends me one or two notices when they have a new release, it can still be mighty annoying. A lot of people have messages that cap very easily. Even when you have messages sent to email, you can still cap. Notecards, landmarks, products, messages, they all contribute to that cap of 25. I have all my messages sent to email too, but if I am not on for a day or so, I will cap and I may miss some things. Even if I auto-accept things, I may still cap and will still miss some messages here and there. I don't want to miss messages I specifically asked for, because ones I did not sign up for  filled up my cap.

I do NOT agree that a person should be automatically added to any list just because they bought your product. I also don't personally care what some other big brands do or do not do. A brand is a brand to me, regardless of size or notoriety, and I've never been too keen on the whole "they're doing it, why can't I" stuff.  Any advertising you send me, that I didn't expressly give you permission to send me(ie, by willingly, and knowingly joining your group) is spam, and most likely, unwanted. One of the quickest ways to get rid of your customers, is to annoy them.

JUST DON"T DO IT

Any advertising I receive I didn't sign up for by choice is spam and I will AR it, big name or not.  I also won't buy anymore from a merchant that does not respect me enough to give me the choice. Yes I know you can unsubscribe, but that takes time to go to a shop or contact the owner.  Its easier for me to mute you and your objects. 

Maybe you have right! as i think it now better is not a good idea ... But i had starting searching it cause many people have this system and i have been automatically added in those systems so i thought that its new system that many stores have starting work with :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.