Is it possible to see when a specific individual is looking at you?

Bugabooloo Foxclaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Several times now I've been "caught" peeking at other characters, getting IMs from them saying "can I help you?" "I see you're interested in my avi ;)", etc.. I'm aware of the 'show look at' option (though I have no idea how to access it in the current SL viewer) but, from what I've heard, it's just a general option, and doesn't show names or anything.

So I'm curious if there is a HUD or something that these people have - because whatever it is, I want one, too!!

Thanks in advance :P

3 answers to this question

Firestorm Users can opt to set a number of options that allow then to see who is looking at them. Thus the appearance of eyes behind their heads.

You'll find tutorials galore on the following link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixViewerSL

I'm not sure if this can be enabled using the Advanced / Debug settings options in the Classic Sl V3 Viewer. Others will surely comment as well.

:)

As KarenMichelle already pointed out, it is also possible in the official Viewer 3, but

a) less comfortable: you won't see the name on the crosshairs of who is looking where

and

b) most third-party viewers allow to disable transmitting the lookat data entirely, so you won't know where they are looking.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind much about who is looking where.

It's kind of a silly thing to worry about, considering that people look at you in RL all the time.  Who cares? The LookAtMe capability that's built into all viewers is not even very reliable, especially in a crowd, so someone might decide that you are looking at them when you're really looking at the wall 20 feet behind them. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.