Photographers, I need your help! :OO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so, I really LOVE taking photos with the shadows enabled, as do most I assume. My problem is, for whatever reason I tend to get these lines, usually one through the neck area all the way across the picture then one going vertical on the right side of the picture.. It's not a BIG deal but it can be annoying to have to edit that out every single picture. ... I had this problem before and for some reason it stopped doing that after awhile and only here lately it's started doing it again! Any suggestions on how to get these lines to stop coming up on every picture I take with shadows enabled?? :(( 

Ooo I found a picture that I took the other day, unedited so yall can see these lines I'm talking about :D

lines.png

Any suggestions are truly appreciated!!! ty <3

Yes that is a known problem. It has been fixed in the official viewer and I would imagine will eventually trickle down into the rest.

Those lines are caused by having High Res Snapshot enabled and using Shadows.

You can uncheck High Res Snapshot or you can edit them out.

ETA: I can only vouch that it has been fixed in the Beta Viewer, I have not used the non beta one in a while so I cannot be for certain if the fix has made its way there yet or not.

No, it's not just you, it has been a bane of photographers for over two years now, finally it has been fixed.

You can export your customized Windlights into any viewer if you want.

ETA:

A bit of discussion about the lines if you are interested:

Photography question -- Lines when using shadows

why are there lines in my hi res images?

Noooo, don't give up high res photos because of the grid lines! There are easy way to fix them and on low res photos will look jaggy and they will not look good :( If you're using Photoshop, there's a great tutorial by Ely Elide on Youtube about removing the lines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JnzYTHaCAw. I made one for Gimp users: http://salamanderslfashion.wordpress.com/2012/11/06/gimp-tutorial-the-basics/. I hope this helps :)

Sinalein wrote:

The Sl Viewer have no lines in the pictures, but no phototool ^^

Firestorm have the phototool, but with lines in the picture..... argh ^^

Doooo Something
:P

Lol, I can't do anything, but I am sure with time the Firestorm people will do to their viewer whatever it is Linden Lab did to their viewer to get rid of the lines :) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.