Want to share no mod/no copy, transferable items from inside a prim box

Navy1 Coba

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Have tried and tried and I KNOW this can be done, cause I have seen it done.

Have a lot of no mod/no copy transferable items that I need to set into a built prim box (so that it only uses 1 prim on my land). I want to add x number of these items and let others pluck various ones from the box and transfer to themselves. It is on my private land so only those allowed could get them, but we are all in the same group, so no bother there.

I have racked my brain setting access and different ways to do this with no luck. Im sure its as simple as checking the correct box on the prim box or something (the internal items placed in there are not mine).

Reason behind is I am not always online to give these things to other people, so its kind of a store room system.

heeeeeeeelpppppp :matte-motes-agape:

Navy1 Coba wrote:

I want to add x number of these items and let others pluck various ones from the box and transfer to themselves.

From parsing your post, this seems to be your request.

If correct, you will need a script that performs this function on touch.

LSL Commands required include llFrand (random number generation), llGiveInventory (scripted give to avatar), llGetInventoryNumber (determine number of inventory objects within an object) and llGetInventoryName (resolve inventory name).

You can't do what you want unless you give all the people in your group that should have access to the contents mod rights.  But then they'd be able to mod any of your things and take transferable items, even those not in the box.

You can do it with a script.  One that has a menu that lists the contents of the box that the person can choose from and when they choose an item it gives it to them.  Such scripts are available on MP if you don't know how to script it yourself.  You can even get one that restricts access to the group.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.