My avatar is a cloud!

SenyaElizabeth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I tried to sign on yesterday and my avatar was just a cloud. I was using the Firestorm viewer. I tried taking off/putting on clothes, logging out and back in, changing locations, switching the location I went to when I logged in, editting my shape, changing the shape and skin - and all of this several times. I tried switching to the SL viewer and I get a white oval. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both viewers and nothing changed. I tried to install a whole new browser (Catznip) and STILL the same thing.

I have no idea what to do at this point :/ I haven't been able to use SL since it's really hard to use it like this. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

I actually spent over a half an hour logged in yesterday (straight, without logging out) trying to mess with clothing (because people had mentioned this helping sometimes) and asking various people on my friend's list what to do. I am using wireless but the connection is 'Excellent' and our wireless router and all that is extremely upgraded since I live with a tech geek who is forever upgrading it so it runs better haha

What is a character test though? I don't believe I've tried that yet - or maybe I have and I just didn't know what it was called :P

Thanks for your reply!

SenyaElizabeth wrote:

I actually spent over a half an hour logged in yesterday (straight, without logging out) trying to mess with clothing (because people had mentioned this helping sometimes) and asking various people on my friend's list what to do. I am using wireless but the connection is 'Excellent' and our wireless router and all that is extremely upgraded since I live with a tech geek who is forever upgrading it so it runs better haha

What is a character test though? I don't believe I've tried that yet - or maybe I have and I just didn't know what it was called
:P

Thanks for your reply!

This works for me when I am a cloud for longer then a few minutes, clear your cache, you can do that without logging in, when you get to the opening page, don't log in, go to edit at the top left hand corner then preferences, network, clear cache, then log back out. Log back in and go to a quiet place like smith or pooley. you can acces them by clicking the start location, and type in location. Pull up your inventory once you get to pooley and wait for it to load. You can speed this up by typing in a few letters in the search box. Once your inventory loads, if you are still a cloud, go to character test, female avatar. This will put you back to a noob but after you have loaded, you can reapply your shapes and skin and clothing. 

Hope this helps. 

If you have uninstalled/reinstalled viewers, I hope that you did a complete uninstall (which includes deleting folders not removed during the uninstall process).

You need to wait until your inventory has completely loaded before you try to do anything.

Once your inventory has completely loaded, drag and drop one of your outfits (or if you do not have any outfits created, one of the avatar outfits from your Library) onto your avatar.  It should make you rez.  From there, you can rebuild your look.

BTW, this question has been asked and answered many times in the Answers forum.  Next time, you may wish to do a search there first :)  Good luck.

i have that happen alot.... if i can not rebaked, clear cache, log out, and in, or manually clear my cache and still have the issue.. then i do a character reset.. many many times til it takes.. then i just redo my toon lol.. it is a pain but, everyone goes thru it at some point! I really hope that your toon starts too feel better. xx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.