So just a suggestion...

ErAAlvarosXermyst

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since you guys will never do what I am going to suggest... Why not let individual Sim owners restart thier own regions at thier own disgression, because you did an RC R.R, and caused a rollback on my sim.. Several items are no longer there. And my renters dont peticularly like putting out, and then having to put it out again because the RR's caused a rollback on my sim.

So like I said.. Merely a suggestion, Id like to restart my own sim at my disgression.

Welcome to Second Life Forums, ErAAlvaros.

I was under the impression that all sim owners actually could restart their own regions at their own discretion already.

However, there are times when Linden Lab need to maintain servers, which involves restarting regions.

Other responses will follow, please keep checking back.

Edited to add:

Please remember also that as a sim owner, you have Concierge status and can call up Live Help/Linden Lab support directly with particular concerns. More about this is on this link...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Accounts-overview/ta-p/700019#Section_.2.3

Estate owners can already restart their sims whenever they like, so I assume you're talking about mainland sims.

Aside from that small point, I'm afraid that no amount of restarts are going to correct a roll-back.

Hypothetical situation:    LL rolls back my sim "Turtle Bay" to a previous state, and the couch I put out this morning disappears into thin air.   I notice this several hours later, and restart my sim.   Once the restart is complete, the couch is still gone, because my restart will only put the data back to the point in time of the last "save" (for want of a better term).

I think what you're really asking, is for the ability to roll-back your sim at your whim.   That simply isn't going to happen, I'm afraid.   I'm not even sure I'd want that ability for my own sims, as there are just too many conceivable problems waiting to pop up when a sim gets rolled back to a previous state.

As far as maintenance restarts on estate regions, they don't seem to care at all about how it may impact the owner and what they're trying to accomplish in their region at the time. They don't seem to care at all about the complete lack of control over when the region will restart. They don't give more than 5 minutes notice when the region is going to be restarted, and they wonder why RL businesses and corporations are avoiding SL...

The reason you pay 100 US less per month for a mainland region over a private region is that you don't own the sim, just the land and have no control over the estate tools.  A private region's land and sim is owned by the estate owner who pays the tiers to LL.  If you want full control of a sim then you need to buy a private island.  If you rent all the land on a private region most estate owners will allow you to be an estate manager too and have access to the region tools.  This will never to change due to the difference in what you pay unless LL makes a drastic change in the structure of the tier schedule.

If LL installs new server code and it causes problems and needs to be reverted back to a previous state they will do it on mainland or a private region.  However if your sim is one that runs RC server code, you have a higher chance of this happening than a sim on the main channel running the last official release.  The owner of a private region has more of a choice which server channel they are on, unless that has changed recently.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.