How I really feel about SL, and how its losing its touch. (Loss of adventure / fun / communication)

MastersonRT

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You are right that there's a problem for people who don't want to learn all the stuff necessary to make and optimize mesh, of whom there are very many. It would be good if some of us who enjoy that could provide a freely available component set that you could use ... like a 64x64 quarter ring that could be combined to make your hull. With suitable UV mapping, they could be easy to use. I see the main problem there being the creator name thing, like with megaprims where Gene Replacement got blamed for other peoples' mis-uses of his prims. If it weren't for that, I would be happy to participate in making some of this sort of components. Maybe we can ask for a work-around. Anyone got an alt called "Anonymous"?

LOL that's hilarious. I've been snapping a few pix here and there of 'how mesh looks to me' also but I'm not sure how many would appreciate it. So I hope you will start posting those more often - might start a trend!

With such a steep learning curve for everything in SL I wonder they don't offer some type of university themselves. The classes offered now in world typically teach people how to make one thing, and usually it's very old fashioned compared to what is expected by consumers of SL creators today. I want to learn the very latest. Trying to teach myself is about as fun as going to the dentist. For what end - a few dollars in my pocket for hours of work each month?

Thanks for the info about Patti L's sitcom. Never saw it. That was an extroverted phase in my life and I didn't watch much Tv. Not sure I even had cable then. Some people I knew were of that annoying type who brags about not having one at all. (Half joking.) Anyway now I know why I never heard of it before. I think Touched by an Angel and some other shows also later had actors who had Down's syndrome. I always like to see casting choices that are not typical.

Porky Gorky wrote:

I was a mesh snob for the first year after rollout and never built inworld, but that has changed the last 6 months and I am back to building in prims and sculpts as well as mesh. I have kept my prefabs brands separate
so customers do not need to see mesh if they do not want to...
<snip>

My point is mesh adoption is not as widespread as people think. There is still plenty of non mesh content being created and sold. 

The same principle has applied in SL since I got here. If it's new, it looks/works great and it is fairly unique in SL then people will visit it or buy it or steal it, regardless of how it was constructed.

(Bolding mine)

thumbsup.gif

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Spoken like a true script kiddie. 
:)

I kind of treasured that post. I mean, he did talk about the great days of 2009/2010. I was here before then—at last, I'm an OLDBIE! :-)

Pardon me while I stop by my nearest shopkeeper's place to see if his dressmaker has made anything new (she's very good) so I can wear something different when I go to my favorite wannabe DJ's gig tomorrow night (it's her club, too, so she covers that part). Am I boring, or what?

Pan Fang wrote:

Sadly Public Sandbox is script-disabled now, thanks to the whiners. Completely dead, compared to 2009-2010 when it was complete mayhem and top fun. 

You can hardly rez anywhere now, and what has SL got to show for it? A load of wannabe DJs, club owners, dressmakers and shopkeepers, all flattening it out to the lowest common denominator. Thanks, bores. 

compared to 2003-2004 then 2009-2010 was soooo boring. wannabe gwiffers with their moms toy shotgun and o.m.g !!!grandmas cager. savvvvve uuussss !!!

zzzzzzzzzzz

(:

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.