Magnum 13.01.17.269162 & JVA BOT

Ikonn Giano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, there appears to be a problem. I just discovered my bot (not a JVA but probably based on similiar code) is using 370 MB/hr of bandwidth (50x more than normal). The charts shows this started as soon as the sim came back up after the roll. There are no corresponding error messages on the bot's console, all appears normal. But the bot has downloaded over 5GB(!) of data since the roll. Restarting the bot does not help. The bandwidth climbs to a constant 100kB/sec within minutes of relogging. I am going to have to leave the bot offline until this gets fixed.

I hope no one running these bots in Magnum sims are having to pay for their bandwidth per megabyte.

Here is the sim info:

Second Life 3.3.4 (264214) Aug 31 2012 06:30:36 (Second Life Release) Release Notes

You are at 253,238.0, 256,263.0, 25.6 in Bay City - Falconmoon located at sim8018.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.37.85:13002) Second Life RC Magnum 13.01.17.269162 Error fetching server release notes URL.

CPU: Intel® Core i7 CPU         950  @ 3.07GHz (3064.54 MHz) Memory: 12287 MB OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601) Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 260/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.1090 OpenGL Version: 3.3.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1 J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1 Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000 Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded) Voice Server Version: Not Connected Built with MSVC version 1600 Packets Lost: 0/1,673 (0.0%)

I'd recommend contacting the Seller to request support. Since they are the developer, they are probably the only ones that could answer your question.

It's probably just a temporary issue, but I have sometimes seen scripted devices that got "brain damaged" after a Region Restart / Software Rollout. It may just be that the Base Stations need to be reset. However since I don't know how they work, that's just a wild guess on my part.

Ikonn Giano wrote:

Since todays rolling restarts I'm have a problem with the bots finding there bases stations. Did something change that would affect this? Or is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks

Magnum has the new "Interest List" code, which changes and optimizes how the server sends information about the avatar's surroundings to the viewer. So it sounds like the bot's issue with finding items around it would be directly related. I could only guess the bot relied on some behavior that LL has no changed. 

Maestro Linden added a comment - 28/Jan/13 10:26 AM

This viewer is not supported by Linden Lab. For support with third party viewers, please contact that viewer's developers. If you can reproduce this problem on an official Second Life Viewer, please update this issue with information on the supported viewer version accordingly.

• 4 weeks later...

The latest version of the JVA Bot software is reported to resolve this problem.

For anyone experiencing the issue, use the JVA software menu items:

Help-> Visit Web Help-> Downloads menu to navigate to the download page for the latest version and install it over the top of your existing installation.

Any problems, please contact me via my in-world profile.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 1/23/2013 at 7:13 PM, Ikonn Giano said:

Since todays rolling restarts I'm have a problem with the bots finding there bases stations. Did something change that would affect this? Or is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks

do u kno were i can get the softwware for the bot i had it saved to opendrive but for some reason the  site has wipped my files and the original bot link has gone and so has the creator

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.