SL and the NVIDIA OpenGL error Terror

LeonaFox Asalia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Nisa Maverick wrote:

May I ask a question on the crashing issue with OpenGL Driver issue. Is your Nvidia Card Overclocked?

I believe so. The Nvidia spec for my GTX 650 says its core clock is 1058 MHz, while the one I have (Zotac ZT-61001) is clocked at 1071. A very modest overclock.

When I bought my 750 ti I looked specifically for one that isn't overclocked, and in fact I paid the same price for my non-overclocked one as the overclocked model. I bought an EVGA this time, and they sell both, and they look almost identical.

I have about two hours in-world on the new card and it isn't crashing. It is giving me avatar barf, like this, though. The picture I posted a couple posts ago was a different avatar. ETA: I've been online for several hours today without crashing.

Here's something else that might be relavant. When I installed my new card my computer wouldn't boot. I had to update BIOS. If I determine that the crashing problem has gone away (it's too soon to tell) I may put the old card back in and see if it's more stable with the updated BIOS. I don't have high hopes for that, though, as that card was of the same era as the motherboard. They're both about two years old, if I recall. The motherboard is an Intel DH77EB, Ivy Bridge. The original BIOS was a 2012 version, and the new one is 2013.

• 1 month later...

no, not really. I've been using Windows since 2000. Also I just don't want to believe that this error needs to be fixed by basically changing your whole setup. I've up- and downgraded my drivers over the three years I've had this error occur; I've lowered my graphics which saves me from crashing but doesn't get rid of the barf, (and I can't really afford to go on lowest graphics as I' am a crafter in SL).

I'm kind of hoping that LL just sort of fixes it. -.-

• 8 months later...

Estou com MESMO Erro fico Quase 5 Minutos e caio Uma tela FICA Toda rosa e quadriculado e Outra o monitorar Desliga e Aparece Erro de Kernel Fazer infeslimente LL Nao Quer Tomar Uma posicão afazeres Erro OU tentar arruma-la Nao importa se o Seu Processador i3 i5 i7 PCI-E NÃO suportado infeslimente ira aparecer ISSO sempre 

• 4 months later...

I have had the same situation since July of last year, and after a lot of searching, experimenting, and hair pulling, I have come across an answer. I have read that the Nvidia SLI system (for use with dual graphics cards) is very dependent on drivers and can be very snsitive in its operation with SL. Therefore, it is suggested to run with the SLI disabled. I have done this, and found it to be 100% effective (at least on my laptop). Hopefully it will solve other peoples' issues as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.