sl stops responding when uploading second file

Muhu Janus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

SL stops responding and finally crashes when I try to upload a second file. It doesnt matter what file I try to upload. @ the moment I'm trying to upload models (mesh) ...I can upload the first one without any problems. When I try and upload the next file, the "open" box doesn't open and SL stops responding. I've totally uninstalled the viewer, removed the ap data and reinstalled. any clue to what may be happening?

4 answers to this question

There's a fairly good chance its

Microsoft Skydrive: Viewer crash on any file browser operation

If you have SkyDrive or the Amazon equivalent loaded on your computer, you can solve the problem by disabling it.  If you look through that JIRA, you'll see that Latif Khalifa suggested a registry patch that also works well, if you are daring.

Of course, if you're just having the problem today, it could just be yet another side effect of the unscheduled maintenance that LL has been doing all day.

• Like 1

I am having the same issue. I can load the first texture fine. If I try and load another, everything freezes and I crash. I have a SL business and this is NOT acceptable. I have tried everything, reloading viewer, switching viewers, clear cache, tweaking prefs....the works...before the recent updates, it was fine. So this is definitely something new and not something new on my system. BTW: I do not have Skydrive, so this is not the issue. I am running Windows 7 and have been for some time. Has anyone got any concrete solution here?  Much appreciated if so!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.