Animation Count

BadEddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This may look banal but I've been wondering about this for a few weeks now. When I advertise my items on marketplace, I make sure to tell how many animations are in there. After all, that where most is so better tell about it.

The way I advertise them is the following: If there is 50 buttons in the menus, I list is as an item with 50 animations.

Am I doing this right? I see listing out there who will count the animations files instead (a couple anim being 2 animation files). Of course, that boost the numbers in the item description quite a bit. I know it doesn't give more at the end but I was wondering if I am not choking sales if I list a rug with 50 animations instead of listing it as a rug with 100.

Any thought on that?

BadEddy wrote:

This may look banal but I've been wondering about this for a few weeks now. When I advertise my items on marketplace, I make sure to tell how many animations are in there. After all, that where most is so better tell about it.

The way I advertise them is the following: If there is 50 buttons in the menus, I list is as an item with 50 animations.

Am I doing this right? I see listing out there who will count the animations files instead (a couple anim being 2 animation files). Of course, that boost the numbers in the item description quite a bit. I know it doesn't give more at the end but I was wondering if I am not choking sales if I list a rug with 50 animations instead of listing it as a rug with 100.

Any thought on that?

Speaking as a customer, I'd recommend that you just say the rug has 50 POSES and note that this means there are 100 ANIMATIONS. This is how I usually see it done in listings. If you just say the number of animatinos a customer might be more inclined to buy it at first, but when they see that it only means half the number of USABLE poses they were expecting you'll get a bad reputation and lose future sales to them and probably their friends.

I agree with Theresa .. list two separate values .. one for the number of Poses and also the number of Animations. To the best of my knowlege there is no "rule" requiring you to list them a certain way, so it's your choice. But by giving more detail like the separate Pose and Animation counts, you give your customers better understanding of your products without blowing up their brains with too much detail.

I've found that people are much happier to find the product is exactly as described even if it has a smaller number, versus a product that lists exaggerated or inflated numbers just to look better.

Thanks for your input on that. I like my client to get what I advertised and its why I never listed items with 100 poses when its actually half that. However, I needed to make sure I'm not the one confused in the way to do this lol.

Thanks!

I would add, from a customer's point of view, to also list the poses broken down into female, male, couples, etc.  Such as:

5 female single poses

5 male single poses

4 couple poses

I've even seen this further broken down by some merchants as "cuddle poses," "sex animations," etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.