Weekend Griefer Attacks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I witnessed a very curious and disturbing incidnent involving a particle attack on a sim.  I was notified that a particle attack was being waged in the sim next to ours, kuradov and went too investigate and found a massive particle generator  that was slowly eating away at the sim.  I immediately contacted Live Chat for help and was told to file a ticket, and did so thinking LL would respond responsibily, as it is it have been approaching two hours now and no response. I find this to be a serious problem for not only is this emitter making kuradov unusable at the ground level but it is interfering with business in the connecting sims as well.  Apparently LL does not care though and does not respond to these attacks on the weekend now.  This boggles my mind for it is the equivalent of the police not answering calls on the weekends or holidays or hospitals closing for a day or two off.  LL really needs to rethink this policy as it lowers player trust in them still further and leaves griefers free to run wild on the weekends  By the way the griefer in question writes in his profile "I dont know why I am still here".  I think I can now answer his question, It is because the Lindens no longer care what he does if he does it on the weekend.

Alexi Raynier wrote:

Today I witnessed a very curious and disturbing incidnent involving a particle attack on a sim.  I was notified that a particle attack was being waged in the sim next to ours, kuradov and went too investigate and found a massive particle generator  that was slowly eating away at the sim.  I immediately contacted Live Chat for help and was told to file a ticket, and did so thinking LL would respond responsibily, as it is it have been approaching two hours now and no response. I find this to be a serious problem for not only is this emitter making kuradov unusable at the ground level but it is interfering with business in the connecting sims as well.  Apparently LL does not care though and does not respond to these attacks on the weekend now.  This boggles my mind for it is the equivalent of the police not answering calls on the weekends or holidays or hospitals closing for a day or two off.  LL really needs to rethink this policy as it lowers player trust in them still further and leaves griefers free to run wild on the weekends  By the way the griefer in question writes in his profile "I dont know why I am still here".  I think I can now answer his question, It is because the Lindens no longer care what he does if he does it on the weekend.

Okay, real-fake-world version: one particle spammer in a lot that has object entry on for everyone and no autoreturn. All you need to do is block the owner.

Alexi if you have found the offending object. Right Click on it and find the report abuse button and file and abuse report. Tick the spot that says Include a screenshot so they can see the proof... Make sure you are facing all of it when you hit the report button so it records the screen

Live chat will not help with this. You need to take it to the proper channels if you want something done. At the same time block the resident and instruct the guests to also block them or turn off Particles for the time being untill LL gets to it... Good properly filed abuse reports do get answered. Sometimes it can take a while tho.. I had to wait a whole day once for stuff to be removed.  A Little sad that we have to handle thins this way but that's all ya got

If you have friends who see it also and staff . Ask them to help and file a report as well

• 3 weeks later...

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

....and they wonder why the mainland is so empty and why so much is abandoned.

Things like that are not the reason. in over 6 years, I've only ever had mainland and I've seen very very little of it. It's more common in the next sim where there's a sandbox, but sandboxes draw that kind of thing and can expect it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.