A very troublesome griever, what can be done?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, yesterday I was with a friend, just chatting. We were in the sim that he owns and manages, and after a while a weird looking person came in, first seeming to chat normally, but once in a while flinging an insult and a judgment to anyone who looked even slightly odd to him. Now my Avatar certainly qualifies so he started picking on me, even launching my Avatar a few times. I complained this to my friend who answered this: "I'm not going to ban him as he already crashes [sim name] daily as they banned him there." This shocked me, so I asked: "Wait, can't they ban him from all parcels?" To which he answered: "Good luck banning 200 alts..."

I do not know if this is all true, but this annoying person also has a reputation of being hard to get rid of and loving to crash sims. Because I wish to avoid any trouble to myself and others I'm not going to openly post names here.

What I wonder is, how does Linden Labs ban the really persistent? Can they only ban by IP? Or can they even ban based on hardware IDs? It seems this person is impossible to get rid of, to the point that people have given up or wouldn't dare to ban him, this got me pretty concerned.

Well . Ip bans are worthless. Dynamic and VPN ip's are readily available.

Hardware bans is the second alternative. But many hack tools can change hardware ID's.

Pretty much bans can be circumvented.  Laws need to be made and acted on

What can be done?

Mute the ofender, do not feed them with reactions.

Happened on Friday night to us, busy night club, 60+ AVs, someone announced "this sim is being shut down haha" or something to that effect. 10 seconds later got logged out, went back to the club with my partner, got logged out again. We gave up and went to a different club.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.