I can't sell my Lenden Dollars, I am trapped

Drtamersameeh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drtamersameeh wrote:

Why allow me to buy Lenden Dollars and then allow me not to get back my money for a month? If I am not trusted, they should have asked for verification documents before I buy, but the "Come on, buy" and then "Sorry, you can'sell for one month" is really a scam-like behavior.

the one month rule is a Virwox rule. not a linden rule

if you wait out the Virwox time period then you will be able to get any limits you want from them. same on AnsheX and other virtual bank/trade money exchanges

they just being careful is all. like they do with all new accounts. is not aimed at you personally when they do this. they do same to everyone who opens a new account with them

Drtamersameeh wrote:

Come on people, it is everywhere. "Use Virwox terminal to buy Bitcoin in Second Life"

Here is one of HUNDREDS of links

and, stated clearly on this wiki is............"Note that due to the restrictions currently imposed via Linden Labs' RISK API, your Second Life avatar must be at least 30 days old to deposit Linden Dollars into an VirWoX in-world terminal."

No scam by anyone, it's plainly stated. Just keep your account for the first 30 days, then you can buy all the BTC you want with no more delays - problem solved !!

Drtamersameeh wrote:

Why allow me to buy Lenden Dollars and then allow me not to get back my money for a month? If I am not trusted, they should have asked for verification documents before I buy, but the "Come on, buy" and then "Sorry, you can'sell for one month" is really a scam-like behavior.

Thanks God, I have paid via Paypal, so I am getting my money back in 2 days.

Thanks for communicating politely with me.

Second Life is an online virtual environment, which you are obviously aware of as you belittle other posters for engaging in it. Linden Dollars are intended for use in this world. Their use as a currency exchange is only a side effect. Therefore, they have clear restrictions on their use which were spelled out on documents which you obviously had access to because you linked to them. And I wouldn't count on getting the refund from Paypal:

13.1 Types of Problems Covered.PayPal Purchase Protection (also known as PayPal Buyer Protection) helps you if you encounter either of these problems:

1. You did not receive the item you paid for with PayPal – “Item Not Received” (INR), or

2. You received an item you paid for with PayPal but it is “Significantly Not as Described” (SNAD) (as described below)

If your problem is a transaction that you did not authorize, please use this form to report the unauthorized transaction.   

An item is “Significantly Not as Described” if it is materially different from what the Seller described in the item listing. Here are some examples:

1. You received a completely different item. For example, you purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box.
  2. The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the description when you bought the item said “new” and the item was used.
  3. The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
  4. The item is missing major parts or features which were not disclosed in its description when you bought the item.
  5. You purchased three items from a Seller but only received two.
  6. The item was damaged during shipment.

An item is not Significantly Not as Described if it is materially similar to the Seller’s item listing description. Here are some examples:   

1. The defect in the item was correctly described by the Seller.
  2. The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
  3. The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
  4. The item has minor scratches and was listed as used condition.

Drtamersameeh wrote:

Thanks God, I have paid via Paypal, so I am getting my money back in 2 days.

Thanks for communicating politely with me.

no it is not.. they tell you BEFORE you buy any LIndens that you can not sell them for 30 days, which you would have known IF you had read it..

You want ppl to be polite to you? Well my Momma taught me that what you give is what you get...

PS: Pierre dont ''wake up''  I like you just the way you are ;)     *goes back to my corner to pout....

just a general info on bitcoins

+

bc bitcoins are like RL coins and notes (like anonymous) then they have become the virtual currency of choice for trading in stuff that is RL illegal in some jurisdictions. like drugs guns pron and stolen stuff like jewellery art etc

is quite a few sites on the darknet that dealing these kinds of things

RL police follow the money when hunting down the baddies. somewhere the bitcoins have to be converted to RL cash. so the virtual currency bank/traders try to make sure they squeaky clean when they allow trading in bitcoins on their exchanges

I doubt seriously Paypal is going to give your money back to you as they are not foolish and will do some research and see plainly what the restrictions were and that there was no misrepresentation. They will also give VirWoX a chance to dispute your claim, which will be done quite easily.

You are completely ignoring the proofs that are being show to you in favor of continuing to rant and make yourself look even more foolish that you did at first.  No one here is going to agree with your assertions because they all know they are false and baseless. You are accomplishing nothing here.

Next time read ALL the information before you take action when it comes to money. If you had done that you wouldn't have made this mistake.

Drtamersameeh wrote:

I wanted to buy Bitcoins, so I bought 5000 Linden Dollars to exchange them to Bitcoins.

I joined Second Life only to do this and now I can't sell those Linden Dollars through neither Virwox or Second life.

I feel that I have bought something that is completely useless because I won't play the game. I really feel that I have been scammed only because I wanted to buy Bitcoins via Second Life

So, let me guess...you want one of us to volunteer to buy your 5000 $L from  you on some outside site, for USD or Euro?

Your topic came at the same time as some outside spam, and you are a first time poster; so pardon if I am a little suspicious.

Drtamersameeh wrote:

Sorry, I made a REALLY BIG Mistake spelling the amazing currency of your game wrongly. Forgive me because I am dumb. Here we are, now I say it correctly "Linden"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, "Lenden" might be more accurate in my case, as I rarely get to keep it.

:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.