How to prevent accidental removal of clothes while changing outfits?

Fusionbolt2000

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, the title explains some things, how do I prevent accidental removal of clothing while changing clothes and outfits? With one layer replacing another one it is too easy to end up as such, which is annoying and not so funny, like, if I wear a shirt and already had pants on that layer, the pants disapear! I know about the layer system, but how do I prevent myself from accidentaly ending up pantless for a sec or two? And if such a thing would happend, would I get banned for such? I'm 16 and mainly use skins that aren't anatomical to be secure in G ratings ;)

Set up your objects so that the layer assignments are logical - the viewers you should be using are set up so that you can have more than one clothing item on them and you can change the ordering. The one exception to this is Phoenix, which is an older viewer that's popular with residents who've been in SL for a long time but is being phased out by its manufacturer. If someone's gotten you to use Phoenix when you're just starting out thank them sincerely and then download any of a number of more-modern viewers.

Anyway, layering this way will mean there will be very little chance of becoming naked, and you can set up proper outerwear and underwear. You can also set up outfits so that the entire outfit changes automatically. And even if you are naked temporarily? Don't think of Linden Lab as some sort of Gestapo/Stasi/Securitate organization that is constantly monitoring everyone's behavior. Instead, they're closer to Inspector Renault from Casablanca - they pretty much leave people alone unless someone nags them so much that they have to look authoritative.

(If you haven't seen Casablanca, do so. It's probably not as good as movie-people say it is but it's one of the things in this world that is good to have as part of your shared body of knowledge.)

Find a thong or g-string underwear layer and add it (the same one) to each of your outfits. 

They are changing the way clothing changes are implemented, referred to as Server Side Baking, and it will be interesting to see how this affects the process and this common problem you describe.

I wouldn't worry about getting in trouble over this.  I think Linden Lab is well aware of the problem.  It used to be a lot worse.  You would be fully clothed on one SIM, teleport to another, and everyone there would see you as naked.  Even though you appeared fully clothed to yourself.

I don't use the new viewers with multiple attachment points but in general maybe use the edit menu to remove things and that way it will tell you what  you are wearing. 

Or type WORN in inventory and you will see a list of what you are wearing and (I think) where it's being worn.

And as others have said find a private place to change. If you can't find any dressing rooms on G land, go underwater or high into a cloud (make sure there isn't a skybox next to you Lol) which is what I did when I first joined SL. There really were no public dressing rooms back then.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.