Inactive MP Accounts

Knowl Paine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I personally don't feel merchants should be allowed to cash out.

LL would be crazy to restrict cashing out.  If people couldn't cash out their money that they earn there would be little content available compared to now and over all the quality would be less.  The only people creating content would be hobbyists who don't care if they earn anything or only earn enough to support their shopping habits.

Professional content creators would have no incentive to create and sell goods for SL and since most rely on their income to pay all or part of RL bills would create content for LL's competitors such as other virtual worlds or even open grid worlds that have an economy where you can cash out.

Alternatively, It might also give rise to a competing web site where creators could sell their goods for cash rather than L's. with product being delivered within SL via a server, similar to a magic box, cutting LL out of any commission.

Remember also a lot of people use the lindens they earn to pay tiers to LL who only accepts cash, so there would also be a massive land dump. This would result in far fewer in world stores or even other venues that rely on income they receive from donations and renting to merchants to pay their own tiers. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VonGklugelstein Alter wrote:

But I was not really thinking about my own sales.

If this were a real economy with real people there would already have been bloody wars started over what some people get away with on here.

I just want to say: be carefull what you wish for.  In a real economy I never hear merchants ask the government for measures that undermine the purchasing power of potential customers. Especially not in poor economic times...

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

I just want to say: be carefull what you wish for.  In a real economy I never hear merchants ask the government for measures that undermine the purchasing power of potential customers. Es
pecially not in
poor
economic times...

Yes but it would be harder to find stores that weren't burned down to the ground or shop owners that didn't accidentally go missing on the way home from work.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe it greatly depends on what the person is selling, There is items that  might require more customer support then others.

A while back i took a break from SL for about 3 months, Every single day as a bare minimum 1 item sold, But i only received 2 notecards in this period of time, One of which was asking for me to create custom content and another was a person who wanted me to promote my items on his Sim.

Now im activelly online at least once a day to check notecards, but it's a rarety to find someone with a issue, and when it does happen it's usually the common newby questions or issues like, not having made a copy of the item prior to editing it, not knowing they have to open the box to obtain the items etc.

Thank you for taking the time to share your Merchant experiences.

In discussion in this thread, it is clear that there are many factors that need to be considered.

A conflict in my opinion, is in balancing the fairness for those who cannot speak, only because they have not been considered, with the consideration I should give towards those, who are just plain inconsiderate.

I hope that LL will find some value in our contributions here. :matte-motes-smile:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.