Rumor has it that LL is buying old avatars and replacing them with newer ones. Any truth in this?

Lyanna Dumont

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

There is a rumor going around that Linden Labs is buying the older lag heavy avatars and replacing them with "newer models." The new avatars will have the same name, but will be less laggy and more able to move and everything.  I am just wondering if there is any validity in the rumor.  If so, will we still have our inventory?  Or will we have to start over?  Will the avatars that are builders lose everything that they created?  I know that most of those that are older are/were builders and have a lot on the grid that are in use every day.  Any help will be appreciated! 

I want to say thank you to everyone for answering!  I too found it kind of a weird thing as well.  So thank you all for all the help!  :)

10 answers to this question

All avatars are basically the same from a performance standpoint -  it's all a matter of what's attached to them. If the avatar of an account created in 2003 and one created five minutes ago are wearing the same items and clothing they'll perform exactly the same when they enter a sim. Older avatars tend to have larger inventories and may still wear older attachments that are less efficient but there's nothing fundamentally different in the avatar itself. This rumor is downright bizarre.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.