How can I find prims on my land?

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

According to the parcel details, there are 107 prims owned by an avatar I never heard of on my land.  I know that I could just return them.  However, I am curious to see what they are, and I think there;s a small chance that they are something desirable.  Therefore, I would like to see what they are.

I cannot find them.  I have tried highlighting them by selecting the avatar's name on the parcel details objects tab, tried Firestorm area search, and flown up to 5,000 m looking for them.

How can I find them?

if they are invisible prims, control T will show them up and then you just right click on them and send them back to the owner. control T will also show up all prims.  or click on your land at top of screen, click "objects" tab it will show you all object on the parcel...click "show" owned by others....then refresh list..........you can select which ever you want then click "return objects"

If you use Firestorm, you could use area search, which can find objects by object name, description, owner, group.  Never mind. Reread your post. :smileyvery-happy:

There are also gadgets that can do the same thing (though they only work on land where the probes can rez). I have one that rezzes a thingy that you can sit on and it will move right to the object.

Edit: Added Marketplace link.

If any of them has a script, you can find it in the official viewer under about land - script info - select object - highlight.

Otherwise it gets tricky, and they blocked this info from being used on other people's land, so good luck finding that expensive no-copy club server you lost months ago when rezzing it in your... oh, that's me... /shakes paw at people who horde my lootz by not having auto-return.

Oh and hey, if the person who left those prims is me -PLEASE- return them. :o

• 5 weeks later...

107 prim shopping bag...

WOW.

I'd question that, except I've been shopping in the last year, and yeah - some merchants are getting a little too intense with their packaging... :)

Usually those intense shopping bags are meant to be worn and clicked. But I have gotten some that you have to rez and it makes me wonder... I have insane amounts of land, with enough free prims to rez that. But a lot of people don't...

Personally I'm of the opinion that unless you're selling boxes, and maybe even if you are, if you can't get your shopping bag down to 1 prim you're dong it wrong. If you're making even people that own land look for a sandbox to get their goods - that's not good policy.

Then again, if you've got a setup that prevents me from opening up and using the thin I bought while still in your shop, you've lost some of my respect, and maybe the next impulse buy. If I have to go home or to some poor victim's land (OPer) to open it up, that gives me just enough time to rethink clicking on that item over there to the left that looked interesting...

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Then again, if you've got a setup that prevents me from opening up and using the thin I bought while still in your shop, you've lost some of my respect, and maybe the next impulse buy. If I have to go home or to some poor victim's land (OPer) to open it up, that gives me just enough time to rethink clicking on that item over there to the left that looked interesting...

Yep.  I just don't understand why so many shops have building turned off.  They could take care of any concerns about littering by autoreturning objects after 10 minutes.

• 1 year later...

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm having a similar problem. A new av has been placing a prim on my land. The first couple of times I just returned it, but again today I find 1 prim by a 3 day old av on my land. I tried the pathfinding trick and found it. It's an invisible prim hidden in a shrub. I turned the beacon on so I can see it but no matter what I do I can't click on it. 

I've banned the av thinking maybe they were trying to put something on one of my sales boards to steal from me but this thing is nowhere near any sales areas. Just curious if anyone else has seen something like this and can enlighten me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.