Why do the You can't rezz here message come up when I try adding furniture that's been unpacked?

MrsLaNaiJohnson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Why do the You can't rezz here message come up when I try adding furniture that's been unpacked at the sandbox?

I'm up in arms about this I just want to furnish My House and start to have fun here, can somebody help me? I've already rezzed the boxes I want to add the furniture to the house. but that message keeps popping up. Ok it shows Me listed as owner but the box to set as group can't be checked...

2 answers to this question

If you are renting, you will need to activate your home's group tag in order to rezz..

If you own the land, such as a Linden home, make sure you are indeed at the correct home by going to World > About Land and seeing who is listed as the owner.

If it is your land, make sure you are trying to rezz on your land and not accidentally across your property line. You can see these lines by choosing World > Show > Land Owners, or Property Lines.

Lastly, if you are on your land and trying to rezz within your boundaries, it could be that the object you are trying to rezz has more prims than you have available.

• Like 3

In addition to Charolotte's excellent summary, there's another frustrating possibility.  If you bought a scuplty or mesh house, the building's bounding box may prevent you from rezzing anything inside at all.  The bounding box, invisible unless you activate the appropriate rendering option in the Develop menu, is a description of the physical volume that the building sits in.  As I have visited around, I have found two or three who own houses that were made with a bounding box that somehow blocks rezzing.  They can rez things outside and drag them in, but not rez things indoors.  It's frustrating, and not something that you can fix without replacing the house.  Fortunately, it seems rare, so I hope that's not your problem.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.