Does Linden Labs have a plan to create a Windows 8 tile for their program?

martianjew

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

While I am not certain about it, I am pretty sure that the start screen tile was automatically created when I installed the SL viewer on my Windows 8 PC.

If the start screen tile is missing, it is quite simple to add it:

• right-click on the start screen, then click on 'All Apps' in the bottom tool bar.
  • In this screen of all apps, find the Second Life viewer, for example by simply typing 'sec'.
  • right click the icon to select it, then click 'Pin to Start' in the bottom tool bar

Done.

I have not run into even the slightest problem with the client install or SL in general on my Windows 8 PC.

Hope this helps.

A "tile" for WIndows 8 will be created automatically when you install the SL Viewer or a third party viewer onto the WIndows 8 computer. It should be placed on the Start screen when you install, but if it is not, you can find it by right clicking anywhere on the Start screen and then clicking the "all Apps" icon that appears don at the bottom right corner. A graphic table of all software installed on your computer will appear and the SL VIewer (or Firestorm, etc.) will be in that list. Just right click on the SL Viewer icon and select pin to Start screen or pin to Taskbar. You SL Viewer icon will then be available in either or both places.

Linden Labs has nothing to do with creation of the Icon or tile, it is a automatic part of installing any WIndow 8 compatible software on the computer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.