Support does work

Jasmyn Vaher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It for sure has worked for me, beyond my expectations.

Last Sunday I messed up things ... I unchecked the “remember my password” option in my viewer…and yes. When I tried to log in again, turns out that I had forgotten it, and I have no clue about where I had stored it (if I had saved it at all, that’s it) Also, incredible but true…back when I opened that account, -which luckily is my alt-, I wrote my email wrongly. Yes; no kidding here…can anyone be more idiotic than me?…

Long story short .I had no way to log in with that account. And given that I am not premium member, that my alt hasn’t even PIOF (Though my main has it) I wasn’t expecting a fast answer, but of course, I submitted a ticket. And to my surprise, less than 24 hours later, and after answering a few questions so LL could be sure that I am the owner of such account, they sent me a new password.

LL for sure has flaws, I won’t argue that, but I just want to give credit where credit is due…Well done; many thanks Linden Lab

Support has always worked for me........sometimes it takes a day or two but most of the time it's pretty quick (24 hrs or less).  I'm sure the reason why some get good support and some don't is the way the Support Ticket is presented.  First, your request for support has to be something that is in the realm of LL's support capabilities..........they cannot troubleshoot your computer for you if you are having issues that are centered around your computer.  Second, you must tell them everything pretaining to your problem (you couldn't log in and you knew exactly why you couldn't log in so you told them why.......that gives them a place to start).  I'm also certain you were polite and not demanding with your request for help (some people just think that being an "irrate" customer right from the start will get more attention........the truth in that tact is almost always the exact opposite). 

I'm glad you took the time to post your good experience.......so few ever do.  But I'm disappointed that you posted this thread at about 9:45 this morning and it's now a few minutes after 4:00 pm (SLT) and I'm the first to comment after nearly 6 hours (I just got off work and did my normal email stuff and checking my favorite news sites before coming to the forums).  Imagine what the response count would be if someone had come to forums with guns blazing about how crappy LL"s support is.  It happens all the time.  Your thread is refreshing.  I wish more would take your lead.  Thank you.

And no, I'm not a secret Linden Lab employee.  And yes, I've had issues that LL did not resolve to my liking.  I'm also realistic about what anyone can do to help if I (or anyone else) has problems.  This is the Internet.......it's full of problems and some of those problems are very technical in nature (it's my job to fix my problems.........and LL's job to fix their's).

The first name for accounts that have the "Resident" sir name will be unique.  Peggy Resident is different than Peggy1234 Resident.  However, I do see the problem with naming 3 friends for identification purposes.  If you wait for a longer period of time before you change your password (as I did the first time I went to reset my password) some of those friends are long forgotten or they might have left SL (deleted their account).  Also your friend might have some common name with some random chosen characters to make it unique..........I tend to ignore the characters after the name and only remember the name that I use when talking to them (or about them).  Such as I'd probably only remember "Peggy" when thinking of "Peggy1234. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.