How does one Edit Mesh Items

Thelonius Twig

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

You cannot.  That's why many designers sell their mesh clothing packed with several sizes in the same purchase.  It's also why mesh clothing usually comes with an alpha layer that is meant to keep parts of your body from poking through the mesh.   Linden Lab has been preparing to release a new tool called the Deformer that will make it possible for future messh to be stretched by the user, but they have not announced a release date for the tool yet.  Until then, we are stuck with mesh clothing that you cannot stretch.

• Like 1

Interesting thread here you may wish to read.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Fashion/Problems-with-Mesh-Clothing-and-Standard-Sizes/td-p/1624821

Note:

• worn non-rigged mesh is an attachment
• worn rigged mesh is also an attachment
• non rigged mesh (worn or non-worn) can be resized if its permission is set to mod
• worn rigged mesh cannot be resized even if it is modifiable, however the texture and colour can be changed
• unworn modifiable rigged mesh can be resized, but when worn it snaps back to its original size

Coby Folden: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Fashion/Resizing-Editing-Mesh/m-p/1529347/highlight/true#M6949

There are in fact Standard Sizes and you can download a copy of these for male and female avatars here:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Standard-Sizing-Package-Updated-Male-Female/2894727

Despite these standard sizes, there is certainly variation between how creators produce clothing in the relative sizes and some will fit and look better than others. The bum is a favourite peeve of mine in that I think it's way too big in most sizes, especially S and XS.

A mod shape is essential for mesh clothing and the amount of body sculpting required varies between outfits and creators.

• Like 2

It's been a while since you posted but today I was editing my shape WHILE WEARING RIGGED MESH DRESS AND IT CHANGED TO FIT MY SHAPE! I am using Firestorm Viewer v4.4.2.34167 and I think it is the version that supports OpenSim. I know there was talk about revising the Appearance Editor to allow all mesh to be resizeable but I can't find anything that mentions if this has now been implemented.

I was quite suprised that it worked. I wasn't expecting it to. Perhaps it is just some crazy glitch and tomorrow it won't work but I can't find any mention from anyone that it is now possible. If it is now truely possible then HOORAY!

Well, anyway, everyone try it.

You probably got hold of a rigged dress that's using the Liquid Mesh hack. It works, for now, but don't count on it working forever. LL has a habit of repairing holes in the code that allow for hacks like that, especially if they decide that they have bad side effects.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.