Resizing/Editing Mesh (?)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If a mesh shoe is worn as an ATTACHMENT, it is fully capable of supporting virtually unlimited resizing. (RIGGED meshes are NOT resizable, as already mentioned).

If a mesh shoe has a resizer, then I would automatically assume it IS an attachment, and hence fully editable.
Mesh objects BY FAR have a vastly improved scope for resizing manually (unlike old style footwear made from linksets of dozens of sculpties etc, a single mesh object isn't subject to the sizing constraints normally encountered (due to the smallest sculpt in a linkset hitting its minimum possible size etc)).
Mesh footware attachments as such can range in size from gigantic (64m) right down to practically invisible (a virtual "speck of dust"). The only logical reason I can think of for using a resizer would be to assist with sizing for those customers not comfortable with doing it manually.

My personal view on the matter: That the creator doesn't want buyers to be able to customise the shoes (via texturing etc). I am making the assumption that the shoes are fully NO-MOD here. In other words, not letting customers change the colours - and as so, artificially forcing them to pay full price for other colours.

There may be other reasons - but that's my own strong suspicion for the resizers. (For the record, I work with mesh in SL on a personal basis, so I am speaking from my own experience as to how sizing works).

Maeve Balfour wrote:

If a mesh shoe is worn as an ATTACHMENT, it is fully capable of supporting virtually unlimited resizing. (RIGGED meshes are NOT resizable, as already mentioned).

Just a bit clarification on the terms:

worn non-rigged mesh is an attachment

worn rigged mesh is also an attachment

• non rigged mesh (worn or non-worn) can be resized if its permission is set to mod

• worn rigged mesh cannot be resized even if it is modifiable, however the texture and colour can be changed

• unworn modifiable rigged mesh can be resized, but when worn it snaps back to its original size

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.