How are your inworld sales?

Deja Letov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yeah, totally sounds right then. This doesn't really discount my theories tho, just negates 1 aspect for the argument. I guess that 1 could also say that we(the SL populas) were hit with a massive amount of key things in SL changing all condensed into a 3 month timeframe. Many of those things that went wrong, are still not fixed. I still say that having a functioning inworld search engine that can RANK things properly, is the 1 key funtionality that we lost and SL will never start to recover until a functioning search engine is implemented. What if you tried to search the net only to get random sites that are vaguely related to what you are looking for. SL has some very unique challenges for a search engine and that engine needs to be custom created for the platform, like we had 4 years ago. The down concurrency and the lack of inworld engagement, especially shopping, can be directly attributed to the broken search engine we've had since the new search was implemented.

• 4 years later...

Pardon the newbie question but I can't find the answer anywhere else either via google or the SL knowledge base.  How do you even tell when you've sold something in-world?  I have a rug store in-world and people have said they have purchased from it, but I don't see any sort of notification, either on my SL browser or within the account from the SL account website.  I even used an alt to buy something from myself (in case those people didn't really buy anything).  My alt was able to use the "buy" function and received the item.  AND the amount of Linden increased in rug seller's account by the amount of the sale.  So the sale went through, but I found no record of it anywhere.  I'd like to know what people buy as well as to know something sold since I don't always remember how much Linden I have and would not notice small increases unless there is some sort of notification...somewhere.   I have no idea if I am really selling anything in-world or not!  Help!

5 minutes ago, Jtunkin said:

Pardon the newbie question but I can't find the answer anywhere else either via google or the SL knowledge base.  How do you even tell when you've sold something in-world?

If you use a vendor system, it should come with plenty of sales statistics.

If not, you'll find all transactions at the L$ Transaction history at secondlife.com. The statistics there are only kept for 32 days though so if you want to keep track of sales history, you need to download and save to your own computer at last ocne a month.

Edit: For the future: it is usually better to start a brand new thread on the forum than revive a five years old one.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.