Can I to sell mesh on the Marketplace with No Payment Account

Amber Ciarelien

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That's fine.  I don't export profits either, so it's a non-question for me as well. Everything I earn goes to rent or donations.  I'm just saying that if you do sell stuff in world, you won't be able to convert your L$ to USD and get it out unless you put payment information on file.  Since it's a painless step, why not just do it and not worry?

You can sell mesh items on marketplace but you cant list them as mesh (that checkbox saying 100% mesh or partial mesh thing) .You can say in item decription its mesh tho...

And you dont need payment info to get money out of SL, you can easy use one of ATM systems in SL like Virvox!

• Like 1

Thank you peeps, for your help. i am still confused :catfrustrated:
I understand all what you said, i saw that, Min Barzane
Dilbert Dilweg gave a different answer, and now I don't know what to do
Can anyone form you to give me yes, or no answer (in bold)
and to stand behind what is a said, becouse i not want to lose my acount, guys.

The question is:
Can I to sell mesh on the Marketplace or inworld with No Payment Account?

There are a couple of points of confusion.  First, you can't lose your account for trying something that doesn't work.  Your account is the same one that you use when you log in here to the forums or when you are in world.  Any money you make by selling stuff in Marketplace is in the same account that you use for making purchases when you wander around in SL.  So, the only way to "lose" your account is to be banned from SL, and that's not going to happen for making a mistake in listing items.  The worst that could happen is that LL removes your item and tells you to do something else with it.

Second, many (most?) of the people who sell mesh items are people who create mesh themselves, not people who get a kit and add a texture.  Those creators have to have payment information on file because there's no way to upload their mesh items from Blender, or Maya, or whatever without it.  It's a system requirement.  I see no reason why you can't list items on Marketplace that contain mesh, whether you made the mesh or not. 

Finally, as you and I agreed in earlier posts, you don't need PIOF if you never intend to export any of your earnings.  I still think it's wise to go ahead and add the infortmation, though, because you never know when your fortunes will change and you will want to move money either into or out of SL.  Besides, setting up a PayPal account and listing it with LL is a painless step.  Min's right, BTW, that you can always use exchanges other than the Lindex and still avoid the PIOF issue.  Be very careful, however.  Some "exchanges" that you'll find on the Internet are serious scams or fronts for identity theft. Just within the past 2 weeks, we have had a couple of posts here from SL residents who lost cash in private exchanges.  Stay with legitimate ones, and always compare their rates with the Lindex, which usually has the lowest rates.

Rolig Loon wrote:

Second, many (most?) of the people who sell mesh items are people who create mesh themselves, not people who get a kit and add a texture.  Those creators have to have payment information on file because there's no way to upload their mesh items from Blender, or Maya, or whatever without it.  It's a system requirement.  I see no reason why you can't
list
items on Marketplace that contain mesh, whether you made the mesh or not.

There's no rule to say you can't list them, but you won't be able to use the mesh checkboxes when you list the item. There are full perm mesh kits out there, so I'd imagine people would be miffed if others weren't allowed to buy them, utilise them and then sell them on.

• 3 years later...

Have you ever used your payment information? The final step in activating your account for use is to buy L$.  That step verifies that you not only have payment information but that it works. Buy at least the minimum amount ($2.50 USD) and see if that enables the mesh box.

BTW, this is an extremely old thread. I saw your post only by accident. If you have a question for Answers, it is always best to start your own thread rather than tacking it onto someone else's question -- especially one that is 4 years old.

@Arton --  You may be right, but several functions in SL say that they require PIOF when, in fact, they actually require PIU. That is especially true of scripted objects, because llRequestAgentData typically misreports PIOF if the user has never activated the acount by using it to buy L$. Marketplace should not suffer from that glitch, but it doesn't hurt to activate your account anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.