can i advertise my rl store in sl?

lynx Iuga

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes you are allowed to do this. Reading the TOS would have told you that. 

I think the only area of concern is how you handle the real life data of SL residents. If a situation arises where you know the real life identity of an SL user and you were to make that information public within SL then that would be a violation of the TOS. 

Yes, it is allowed. However unsolicited commercial/other messages are contrary to Second Life's Terms of Service. i.e., contacting residents directly, random notecards/URLs or standing in public and shouting, etc will not end well.

Try and offer something clever or unique. If your RL store makes cakes (as an example), how about create some SL-based examples of your wares? Set them up on a piece of land or a mallspace and see if people enjoy what you bring.

RL commerce is difficult to bring into SL in a profit-making way, however, so long as you're 'adding value' with your promotion I can't see it being an issue.

/me puts my marketing hat on

Hard to give advice about marketing when the product(s) is not on the table as it were. Unless your product has a USP that would drive people within SL to your store, a normal website would probably achieve better results. The audience footprint of the navigable internet is far larger than SL ever will be. Your marketing RL should be focused in a budget sensitive way to lift your profile. There are various methods to do this quite cheaply with various search engines. If your effort to market within SL is just augmenting your existing marketing drives then it may be worth pursuing,  You might get a few sales, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Good luck :)

Keep in mind that while you can get as creative as you want with representing your RL business in-world, the Marketplace is not as accomodating. Marketplace products and services must be primarily related to Second Life - you cannot sell your real world products and services through the Marketplace.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.