What to do if a person can't get into a sim and gets the error message: "unable to access parcel"?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some Sims/Parcels don't allow people on them below 30 days of account age, or when they have no payment info on file. I suppose it's to protect themselves from copy botters/griefers but heh, seems contra productive for a business to look out honest customers.

There are bans for all kinds of dumb things, and truthfuly, I don't care to go to any sim that uses them.

1. There are "Payment info required" bans, which really make me wonder why the owner only allows people who broadcast to sl that their avatar is connected to a paypal or credit card number.

2. Ther are "sl age" bans, which I feel is just plain snobby.

3. There are AV height bans. My character has a 5'4" shape that would have cost me 1000L if it wasn't a rezz day gift. So, pick my shape, and I won't pick your sim.

4. There are "age verification required" areas. Okay, this makes sense. But I'm going to read the describtion before I enter. I'm fine with R rated stuff. But I have no interest in X rated.

solstyse wrote:

There are bans for all kinds of dumb things, and truthfuly, I don't care to go to any sim that uses them.

1. There are "Payment info required" bans, which really make me wonder why the owner only allows people who broadcast to sl that their avatar is connected to a paypal or credit card number.

2. Ther are "sl age" bans, which I feel is just plain snobby.

3. There are AV height bans. My character has a 5'4" shape that would have cost me 1000L if it wasn't a rezz day gift. So, pick my shape, and I won't pick your sim.

4. There are "age verification required" areas. Okay, this makes sense. But I'm going to read the describtion before I enter. I'm fine with R rated stuff. But I have no interest in X rated.

1) to prevent getting banned for supposed violations of the adult content rules, it's the closest you can do for an open sim to setting it to adult rated. btw anyone can see if you have payment info filed, it's in your profile.

2) those are plain discriminatory. But as a rudimentary anti-griefer measure I can somewhat understand them. Most griefers tend to get banned before they're 30 days old.

3) same as 1), a lot of people think that short avatar equals child avatar and will AR any adult rated sim where they see one (and any avatars interacting with a short avatar there). They're wrong, but to avoid the constant hassles, us shorties get restricted in our movements.

4) can't (except by buying an Adult rated sim) enforce that, sadly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.