Duplicate listings by different avatars in the marketplace.secondlife.com

Unoionu Hilltop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Irene, I believe you are correct about that.  Thank you for your insight! :) Listing Guidelines mentions "Item Spam" and says multiple item listing won't be tolerated, for ANY reason.

Can you have a friend make a duplicate listing?  Are you allowed to have another 'Resident' to also list your product so there are 2 listings of the same thing but sold by 2 different 'Residents'?

Besides "item spam", isn't the 2nd Resident breaking the "Branding Guidelines" ?

Why are these kind of things allowed to go on with the Marketplace?

Would I be breaking forum rules if I posted 5 different examples all by the same 2 avatars? :matte-motes-big-grin-evil:

This is an interesting one because due to the lack of resource, market research or willingness to provide a suitable solution or other reason, Marketplace can only handle one avatar per shop.  This creates some challenges.

My partner and I create our own items, we maintain our own items, they're sold under one brand.

Inworld, our vending system is custom and allows us to manage our own delivery servers but the web control and vendors make this completely transparent.  We can both manage and deliver each others items, customers see one brand.

We don't pass items between us if we can help it, we don't have to make things full perm and send to each other, which aside from breaking any terms of use for things like animations from other creators, also means that we manage our own permissions and so don't get into the mess of embedded objects and difficult permission changes that could result in accidents.

That then brings us to Marketplace.

One of the nice features of MP is "related items" but here's the problem, I cannot create listings of my items that include relationship to his and vice versa.

I only do this for one product but our solution is for me to create a listing for his item, the actual product that gets delivered is an empty box.  Inside that box is an "on rez" script which then contacts his inworld delivery server from which the product is then sent.

So the end result is that there are two MP listings for the same item.  It's the only way that I can create a listing which my items can relate to those of a different creator.  My partner also has a single listing of the same item. 

Is this MP spam?  I've not thought of it as such and if someone wants to feel that it is, eat your heart out, i'll just start yet another fight with LL then :)

Sassy I think what you do is a great idea :) The 'Residents' I am talking about are totally generic and have a mix of resell items and 1 or 2 "Brand" items. Their profiles don't provide much information and don't match the creators of the "Brand" items. And there is no indication "authorized dealer" (Agent).

I can understand the Lindens allowing a listing of a supposedly ripped "brand" item from someone who isn't around or doesn't care or even file a DMCA. But there should only be 1 listing and LL knows which one was first.

Unauthorised people selling others' stolen items isn't called item spam. You should let the original creators know about it so they might file a DMCA notification.

Unoionu Hilltop wrote:

I can understand the Lindens allowing a listing of a supposedly ripped "brand" item from someone who isn't around or doesn't care or even file a DMCA. But there should only be 1 listing and LL knows which one was first.

It's not like that LL allows such listings and actually they prohibit such activity in the TOS. They just aren't policing.

Multiple listing of same item by 1 merchants are not allowed and that you CAN flag and it WILL be removed by LL!

Multiple listing of same item by 1 merchant but with different permissions ( 1.st listing full perm for buliders and 2.nd no transfer for personal use only) is allowed becouse it is basicly not same item (permissions vise) is allowed!

Listings of same item by 2 or more merchants isnt item spam becouse more ppl can use exactly same builders kit (sculpts/mesh ect) and have exactly same end product,that is not item spam,that is just paralel development/creation and it is allowed to do! Cant controll what ppl do with same building parts... Listing same item under 2 (or more ) alts is possible ,ppl do it ,noone can say  "thats this guys alt and he is selling same stuff on both accounts" becouse you cant be 100% sure is it true or not,ewen if you aresure(and have proof)  you cant name alts becouse that is against SL TOS...

Using brand names is not allowed becouse brand names are copyrighted...tho LL will not remove it if some Sl resident flags/reports it,they will only remove it if brand name copyright holder files DMCA against item using brand name!

Selling ilegal/stolen/copyboted products is NOT allowed but still only original creator can get it removed by filing DMCA against  merchant who is selling it ilegaly!

peoplez cheat....fact of 2nd life...we can make a soong if you like!!

♫   Weeeee ...Resell The Bad,The Good,The Crappy ,The Over Sollllddddd..... Is The Facts Of 2nd life ,the facts of 2nd life....la la llaaaaaa...  

COME ON SMILE!! THE DEMOGRAPHIC SHOWS 98% OF YOU GREW UP AT THE AGE TO BE WATCHEN DA FACTS OF LIFE!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.