Farewell to Yoz Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Perrie Juran wrote more than I'm quoting here:

After I was there a couple of years one day the VP took me aside.  He started telling me that I was a pain in the a$$.  For a moment I thought the hammer was going to fall.  But instead he said to me, "Keep it up, it keeps us all honest," and shook my hand.  That night I also received the company's award for Employee of the Year.

Well, I'm envious. I was called a "prima donna" by the president of the company I once worked for. It was, in the style of my Father (and now me) a left handed compliment intended to make me think.  There was no "keep it up" to soften the sting, just stock options.

When I work for someone, I'm there to do a job, not play politics.  But I do know how to play them when it's needed.

I'm not sure I know how to play politics, as that skill wasn't needed until GE bought the company and laid me off because I was "high maintenance".

I still have lunch with the old man I worked for long ago who, upon hearing of my retirement, called me lazy.

So there ya go. I'm a lazy, high maintenance, prima donna.

Sadly, several years later my job got replaced by the Internet. 

Perrie Juran wrote:

Celestiall Nightfire wrote

So, with all that said, a former employee who does
not
consider these factors, is better off gone.  Sorry, you don't like the reality of the situation.  

Your moral umbrage is duly noted.

Hahaha.  It's not "moral umbrage".  I don't care about the use of the profanity.  It's the lack of awareness that accompanies the use.

It's a current trendy use of an old-school shock value.  Used by the "look at me" crowd.  Also, an example of devolving language skills. "F**king is not a useful all purpose adjective.  Yet, those who try to utilize it as such, are doing so for the very reason that the word is considered profanity.  It's a deliberate injection of a known profane word.  For what purpose?  To get attention.  To look cool.  Only, the type of attention one gets, may not be the type desired.  That's what I mean by lack of awareness. 

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Celestiall Nightfire wrote

So, with all that said, a former employee who does
not
consider these factors, is better off gone.  Sorry, you don't like the reality of the situation.  

Your moral umbrage is duly noted.

Hahaha.  It's not "moral umbrage".  I don't care about the use of the profanity.  It's the lack of awareness that accompanies the use.

It's a current trendy use of an old-school shock value.  Used by the "look at me" crowd.  Also, an example of devolving language skills. "F**king is not a useful all purpose adjective.  Yet, those who try to utilize it as such, are doing so for the very reason that the word
is
considered profanity.  It's a deliberate injection of a known profane word.  For what purpose?  To get attention.  To look cool.  Only, the
type
of attention one gets, may not be the type desired.  That's what I mean by lack of awareness. 

As I stated, was probably not a very smart thing to do.

However, he may have been fully aware of the potential consequences.

I myself, even when I felt I had valid grievances for leaving a company, was always careful not to burn any bridges.  With one exception.

The employer who decked (hit) his wife in front of us.  All of us who witnessed it went, picked up our personal belongings and walked out.  We were quickly followed by those who didn't witness it.  To hell with that **bleep**.

p.s.  We didn't leave until after we assisted his wife.  We stayed only long enough to make sure she was OK.

Perrie Juran wrote:

I myself, even when I felt I had valid grievances for leaving a company, was always careful not to burn any bridges.  With one exception.

The employer who decked (hit) his wife in front of us.  All of us who witnessed it went, picked up our personal belongings and walked out.  We were quickly followed by those who didn't witness it.  To hell with that **bleep**.

p.s.  We didn't leave until after we assisted his wife.  We stayed only long enough to make sure she was OK.

Wow.  What at horrible thing to see at work.  Even more horrible for that guy's wife. 

A bridge well burnt I'd say.

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Wow.  What at horrible thing to see at work.  Even more horrible for that guy's wife. 

A bridge well burnt I'd say.

This was many years ago.  The last I had heard she cleaned out his bank account in Court and later on happily remarried.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.