Looking for a female skin

Jen311

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone.
First of all I should say I already spent over 2 days looking for one in SL and checking forums and it begins to look impossible.
Hmm, how to describe what I really need...
Well, something like that
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Skin-Jolie-M05-Skin-by-UNIQUE-MEGASTORE-1-Makeup-Eyes-Bald-Base/2349093
But more pale, I think most of shops refers to the colours I like as: straw/milky/fair/light/natural or pale in some cases. Other than being too dark I find that skill perfect for myself and would've bought it already, but...
And skin should be without beauty marks, at least one above upper lip. And no freckles too.

I also checked most of the popular stores I think, LAQ, HUSH, Tuli and much more and didn't found anything that I really liked, in fact most of popular shops have like 3-4 base skins and countless variations, when checking one after another it's so obvious that face doesnt even change between different models.

Thanks in advance if someone can post some suggestions. :)

Look at Redgrave and Dutch Touch too. My personal favorite light skins are from Natural Beauty, which are now only available on the Marketplace but you can still get demos.

Also, Asian skin makers tend to use lighter skin tones than Western ones - most of the skins themselves don't look stereotypically "Asian." Look at Pink Fuel (best value for skins in Second Life in my opinion), Heaven's Gate (her "retail" skins tend to be more detailed than the free ones, which are quite nice for what they are as well) and you might consider Sakurako. (A bit dated and overpriced and now available only in world but her faces are lovely.)

General advice: Don't worry about makeup because that can always be added with tattoos and give you much more flexibility, and don't pay too much attention to the promotional pictures - they're taken with very specialized, flattering lighting and in some cases (as I look at the skin you're using as your example and cough loudly) are heavily retouched. Always get a demo and look at it on your own shape, and don't automatically assume that a skinmaker's shape will be better - they're tuned to look good for close-up face shots and many of them don't hold up in real-fake-world situations. There are some skinmaker's shapes that I'd only wear to scare children on Halloween.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Also, Asian skin makers tend to use lighter skin tones than Western ones -
most of the skins themselves don't look stereotypically "Asian."
Look at Pink Fuel (best value for skins in Second Life in my opinion), Heaven's Gate (her "retail" skins tend to be more detailed than the free ones, which are quite nice for what they are as well) and you might consider Sakurako. (A bit dated and overpriced and now available only in world but her faces are lovely.)

General advice: Don't worry about makeup because that can always be added with tattoos and give you much more flexibility, and don't pay too much attention to the promotional pictures -
they're taken with very specialized, flattering lighting and in some cases (as I look at the skin you're using as your example and cough loudly) are heavily retouched
. Always get a demo and look at it on your own shape, and don't automatically assume that a skinmaker's shape will be better - they're tuned to look good for close-up face shots and many of them don't hold up in real-fake-world situations. There are some skinmaker's shapes that I'd only wear to scare children on Halloween.

+1 Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. Most of the Asian skins have been "westernized". They are basically western facial features but a paler skin. The link that the OP provided is extremely heavily retouched, it actually looks more like a combination of RL and SL photo. There is no way you can actually look like that in-world.

Check out collabor88. Though the problem with Illusory is that they have just a single look/template. Every single skin from that store is just a different makeup. Get 1-2 88L Illusory skins from collab, the full-price ones from the store are completely not worth getting since you're paying 1000L for just a slight makeup difference.

Thanks all for suggestions, I'm gonna check skins/stores now. =)

As for how that skin looks ( from my link), of course I checked demo in world first. And it does looks lovely for my taste (using right windlight settings of course ), default shape have some flaws that are not hard to fix, but sadly can't fix skin colour. And that colour just doesnt work with black/dark hair and dark clothes, at least for me.

Anyway, thanks again for all suggestions, really looking forward to actually enjoy SL instead of endless shopping and to clean all those demo folders I've got in the inventory now ( I think it's over 4000 items and god knows how many folders total now -.- ).

After all those hours of looking I think I want to buy at least 2 skins already, so I won't need to bother again for a while.

1 "normal" for everyday life and 1 something like "naive cutie", always wanted to try some RP and that one should suit it just right. =)

Jen311 wrote:

Anyway, thanks again for all suggestions, really looking forward to actually enjoy SL instead of endless shopping and to clean all those demo folders I've got in the inventory now ( I think it's over 4000 items and god knows how many folders total now -.- ).

Only 4000... that's tiny even to LL standard. Start worrying when you get to like 100k, which is the inventory size of most of my friends including me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.