Can't open modifiable script/ notecard in no mod object?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When was it made impossible to open fully modifiable notecards and scripts in a no modify object? I remember I was able to view and edit a script in an alarm system I have, the script being full perm. Now I can't edit them even though the script itself is fully mod. This is in the official viewer. Is there any way around this or is it one of those bodged up permissions system alterations?

This is old old behavior.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-179

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/54/dd/16208/1.html

That second link offers some workarounds. You can normally drag the contents out of the object inventory to look at them (don't do this on no-copy contents because you can't put them back), and there are some LSL functions to let contents be added.

I've recently not been able to open some Mod OK scripts, even some I created. Give it a day and also try with a different viewer.

I can't search the JIRA for others having similar problems... so, I'm not sure if it is just me or not.

Do you get an error message - can't edit? Or does it just never open?

I've started having a similar issue with note cards also.

I use a free security system that requires I manually enter names into a note card for allowed Ava's.

It had been a little while since I needed to add any names so I can't vouch for when the problem started. But I ran into the problem last week.

The system requires deeding to land. Once deeded the note card won't open for me to edit it now.  No error message. 

This is a change from past behavior.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.