Can't Figure Out Why Item Removed from Store

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got an odd message telling me that an item in my store was removed because of inaccurate advertising. Huh?

It's a landmark for sale for $0 -- which is the cludge the Lindens themselves invented for us to all list land rentals.

It's a landmark to $500 town house rentals in Free Tibet, a community I have with Asian themes. I can't figure out what is wrong with this, as it's like other landmarks to rentals that have been left still active. Huh?

And where can you go to appeal these? Does filing a customer service relate to the Marketplace?

Actually, the answer I got on this was that I put it in the wrong sub-category.

The rule appears to be that if there is a category like, say, RENTALS, and it has sub-categories like DEVELOPED and UNDEVELOPED land, you have to stick it in a sub-category, and can't put your listing and its enhanced ad in that top category. I guess that makes sense but I wonder if it is fairly policed.

Prokofy Neva wrote:

Actually, the answer I got on this was that I put it in the wrong sub-category.

The rule appears to be that if there is a category like, say, RENTALS, and it has sub-categories like DEVELOPED and UNDEVELOPED land, you have to stick it in a sub-category, and can't put your listing and its enhanced ad in that top category. I guess that makes sense but I wonder if it is fairly policed.

LOL @ "fairly policed". There have been a lot of statements asserting strongly that nothing is ever delisted until a real human has reviewed and decided. However the anecdotal evidence to the contrary would at least indicate the "real human" was "real distracted" when they made their decision.

There have been a lot of folks wondering why the reviewer couldn't be bothered saying "wrong category, move it to ..." when taking a listing offline. To date though no such action has ever been taken. They'd rather waste your time to file a support ticket and their time to review it after the fact. *shrugs* As one of my old bosses used to ask "Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough to do it over?"

Good news though .. you did get an answer .. and that is at least one plus in this whole process. Congrats on that.

(Of course you could spend some time wandering down the listings that are improperly placed in the Parent Category and Flagging them. But that would be mean .. huh? Mwwwahahahahahaaa!! j/k)

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.