Best ways to contact the Commerce Team

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Resident

The Second Life Commerce Forums are intended for public discussions among Second Life Residents regarding commerce in Second Life. Linden Lab monitors the forums, as time allows, to determine if follow-up is needed by a Linden Lab staffer.  However, there is no guarantee that issues posted to the forum will be discovered in a timely manner, so please use the contact methods in this post to notify the Lab of any issues. Bear in mind, as well, that posts may be removed or edited if they are in violation of the Community Guidelines or Second Life Terms of Service.

As a rule, Linden Lab does not address support requests or bug reports through the Second Life Forums. If a Linden Lab staffer is made aware of a customer service issue on the Forums, you may be contacted directly or asked to submit a customer support ticket or JIRA.

Submitting a Customer Support Ticket

If you have an issue with the Marketplace, submit a customer support ticket, select Marketplace as the type of problem and choose among these options::

• Marketplace failed delivery: If you have not received an item you paid for, please submit a support request that includes the order number and the name(s) of the item(s) that failed to be delivered. You may also contact the seller directly.
  • General Marketplace issues: Use if you have one of the following issues:
    • Commission refund: If you are a merchant and you have refunded a customer for a purchase, Linden Lab will refund the commission to you. Please refund the entire price to the customer, then submit a ticket that includes the SLM order number, buyer’s name, and the line from your Second Life transaction history.
    • Bug reports: If you believe you have found a new bug and are not sure if you should file a JIRA, please submit a ticket with details on the problem. Include what you were doing when you encountered the issue, the exact text of error messages, the operating system and browser versions you are using, and screen shots if possible.
    • Marketplace item listing issues: Select if you are a merchant and have questions about Listing Enhancements, product listings, or listing guidelines. In your ticket, please include a link to the item you have questions about.
    • Shopping cart issues: please submit a ticket with details on what you are seeing.
    • Negative reviews for failed deliveries: you should flag the review instead of using the Customer Support Portal.
    • Any other issue that does not fall into the above categories.

If you have an issue with an inworld purchase, then you should contact the seller(s) of the item you purchased for customer support. If you are a merchant and your systems are failing to deliver items or appropriately transfer money, follow up with your vending system supplier. If you are the vending system builder and you believe there is a bug that is causing you problems, please file a JIRA with details.

Filing a JIRA

If you find an issue that you believe is a bug, you can file a JIRA instead of submitting a support case. Before you file a JIRA, please determine if the JIRA already exists. For details on how to search JIRA, please see the wiki for help.

If you file a JIRA for a Marketplace issue, include these pertinent details:

• The project should be “1. BUG Project”
  • The component should be “Marketplace”
  • Environment: include the version number and type of the following (only include the applicable):
    • Operating System
    • Browser
    • Viewer
    • Sim
  • Details on what happened:
    • What were you doing when you saw the bug?
    • What had you just done?
    • What is the impact of the bug to you and, if applicable, your customers?
    • Account names, order numbers, links to listings, etc.

If you file a JIRA for an inworld commerce issue, here are the pertinent details to include:

• The project should be “1. BUG Project”.
  • Select the component
  • Environment: include the version number and type of the following (only include the applicable):
    • Operating System
    • Browser
    • Viewer
    • Sim
  • Details on what happened:
    • What were you doing when you saw the bug?
    • What had you just done?
    • What is the impact of the bug to you and, if applicable, your customers?
    • Account names, order numbers, links to listings, etc.

So reading LL Commerce Team's announcements on new rules of how to communicate with them,  I see they have explained how to communicate with them if we have a BUG to report or an ISSUE we noticed or where to go if we want to see any updates/releases they have just put into production.....

BUT...

I also noticed that LL Commerce Team has not explain or pointed out how we Merchant's can ask about the team's future direction, planned feature enahncements, updates to critical Merchant Impacting projects (like DD).

i.e.  Unless its a bug or a release note... "we do not give you any formal means for you to ask us or for us to be obligated to update the Merchant community on future directions or plans".

Smooooothhhh.....  Formally choking off any formal responsibilities for LL to talk to their customers.

I guess we could go to the Commerce Team Manager's office hour... Oh! Wait! They don't have an office hour or user group...

I would say they just don't want to have their ideas and directions challenged or face the frustration venting of residents. Plus frustrations are so high I doubt Brooke or any of the team can handle crowd. We are well beyond civility now. So, meetings would initially be a disaster. 

I suppose they can see the sales stats in the Market Place and the sale of tar and feathers has to be terrifying. 

Alternate ways to get the commerce teams attention:

Send flowers.

Bribe them with L$.

Revolt on the forums.

Send them one default cube per minute, filling their email inbox.

Show up at the SLM User Group.

Send a container load of micro brew with a combination lock, the combination to be given out upon a solution to your problem.

Seduce them.

Start a conspiracy theory.

Drive to San Francisco and hunger strike in front of LL headquarters, wearing an IMVU t-shirt.

Blow up the Love Machine.

Get everyone in SL to wear a t-shirt that says "Ex Commerce Team Employee".

• 5 months later...

"Marketplace failed delivery: If you have not received an item you paid for, please submit a support request that includes the order number and the name(s) of the item(s) that failed to be delivered. You may also contact the seller directly."

OK, so what do you do if you are a merchant who has consistently failed deliveries ??

Taff Nouvelle wrote:

"Marketplace failed delivery: If you have not received an item you paid for, please submit a support request that includes the order number and the name(s) of the item(s) that failed to be delivered. You may also contact the seller directly."

OK, so what do you do if you are a merchant who has consistently failed deliveries ??

First (assuming you have ruled out that your sim is borked) check to see if your boxes are the latest version, then check and see if you have duplicate boxes listed on the sync page. If you have, remove them.

• 11 months later...

NOT the case for unlimited quantity products, unfortunately we have to keep bothering w/ it, and is worse than ever these days. Delivers, charges customer and I don't get the L$, or doesn't deliver, charges customer I don't get L$ and have an upset customer. Really bad.

• 4 months later...

Are these instructions out of date?  The "Listing" issue option doesn't exist in the dropdown when contact support.  As well, I've followed these steps and it's been over two weeks now that my magic box items have been stuck in marketplace limbo with no response to my Jira report.  Contact support just yields a "we can't help you, file a Jira" response.

• 1 month later...

I filed a JIRA report about something that still affects people every day, and it was closed out of hand as "Expected Behavior" by someone who didn't understand the problem (and didn't care to ask for more info). So I'll try posting it here, especially because no one else can see the report now if I link it.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-2775

03/Jun/13 4:26 PM

E-mails from the marketplace show as being from "service" instead of a more meaningful name like "Second Life Marketplace". People don't know which "service" they got an e-mail from until they open it. You can add a user-friendly name along with the e-mail address in the from field of an e-mail, like "Second Life Marketplace <service@mail.secondlife.com>", instead of just "service@mail.secondlife.com".

I found at least four existing examples in my inbox from other Second Life services that do this properly:

When someone recieves an offline IM from a resident that is sent to e-mail, it is sent from:

Sender's Avatar Name Here <g6phcz...bz3vmf@im.agni.lindenlab.com>

When someone recieves an offline IM from an object that is sent to e-mail, it is sent from:

Sending Object Name Here <g6phcz...bz3vmf@im.agni.lindenlab.com>

When someone recieves an offline IM when an object is returned, it is sent from:

Second Life <g6phcz...bz3vmf@im.agni.lindenlab.com>

This JIRA itself just sent an update from:

Sayrah Parx (JIRA) <no-reply@secondlife.com>

Here is the only response it got:

CommerceTeam Linden added a comment - 05/Jun/13 11:13 AM

Please see the Marketplace Release Notes

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Marketplace_Current#Release_Notes_for_October_4.2C_2012_Release

• 4 months later...

Been looking all over this forum and I dont see anyplace one could make a simple suggestion to Linden Labs. Being a long-time, productive merchant in SL and that my point of view is that of a merchant, I am leaving it here. (Even tho it is popular opinion that LL do not care what we want/need.)

LL offers me pretty much nothing as an incentive to have a premium membership.

• Can own land? No thanks, I rent from the Chungs, who allow me to pay in Lindens. If I fall behind (this doesnt happen but many do struggle to pay tier) I dont have to worry about having my account locked, my stuff just gets returned.
  • I get a shack in the Linden ghetto? No thanks I have a homestead.
  • I get access to sandboxes? I have plenty of free prims at my store sim.
  • I can go to Linden Realms? I dont have time.
  • I get 300L a week? Great I can tip a DJ with that. 

Typically, when any service wants you to buy into their product, they offer a limited version for free and meaningful incentives to start handing over my money. I've shopped my ideas around a little and EVERY person, merchant or otherwise, has said they would pay for a premium account if they got 100 group spots. I'd be first in line to pay for this.

Just a few ideas - Premium Account or new "Merchant Account" Incentives:

-More group spaces(!!!!!!)

-A few more profile picks (we have to put all of our store policies here)

-Ability to post events without 100,000 club event announcements cluttering it to obsurity

-Maybe a few marketplace advantages

etc...

EVERY merchant in SL needs more groups. We have groups spread across 4 or 5 alts its ridiculous.

And... while I have you here... it would be really handy if we could buy linden gift cards to give our friends on their rezday. Somehting to put in a gift box that transfers $L from us to them. What we have to do now is kind of like opening your wallet and handing over a $20 bill instead of say, putting it in a card. Its tacky. Just a suggestion.

• 3 months later...

Brilliant, Spooky :)

I just had to ask in the Firestorm Support group if there is any contact person or group for LL Marketplace Merchant troubles ... and they referred me to this forum.  

Love your idea to have Linden Lab gift cards! We be anything but tacky, of course *grin*

I have some items that refuse to successfully "list" on MP, and there is no clue why. Nothing in any of the documentation explains why i can't list kitty boots, but can list anything else. Hmm, could it be my Maturity rating? ahah.

Anyway ty for both the laugh and the seriuos parts. And if any Linden ever looks at this forum section ... plz can you give us a contact person or group ? 

---Vrem

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.