MP engines all copybotted?

iCade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I purchased a full perm animation engine on the mp on september first for a substantional amount of Linden (for me at least). Today I was IM'ed by a creator, claiming the entire engine is nothing but copybotted animations.

Of course the creator of said engine did not refund me and confidently assured me that they were not copybotted. Now I am not sure what to believe, is there any way to find out whether an item is copybotted or not?

Also, the creator who claims the engine is copybotted told me that all the engines in the mp are just that...copybotted. Is this true?

I am unsure where I stand at the moment, whether or not I just wasted all those Linden and wondering if there is ANY engine that is actually legit.

Someone saying that "all" of the animation engines on the Marketplace are copybotted throws up a red flag for me. There are a number of legitimate animation makers and I'm sure that means that at least SOME of the engines are legitimate. Did you buy the engine from someone who has a variety of animations for sale or was it closer to the SL equivalent of buying it out of the back of a truck?

I think that specifically sex engines are a difficult topic because there was a well-known creator who was part of a multi-person team that put together one of the first sex animation engines. He later released the animations to the public but included not only his animations but also the ones made by others in the team when he didn't really have the right to.

They knew because I left a review on said engine.

Also the animations listed in the egine are showing the seller of the engine as the animation creator.

The creator in question has an in world store where one can preview all animations. The creator has a multitude of engines from bed ones to jacuzzi, to shower and so on. It didn't seem shady at all at the time of my purchase.

Edit: Another costumer left a review on one of the engines on june 29th, we now have september, if these engines are really copybotted and the 'real' creators are aware of it, would it really take that long for the engines to be taken down if multiple dmca's have been filed?

Are you talking about MLPV? If so, they were released as full perm quite a few years ago after the creator developed another system, which was superior. There was a MLVP2 support group inworld, for futher developement - I do not know if it is still active but its worth looking into.

I think you need to be clear whether you are talking about the engine or the animations.

If you got an MLPV or nPose animation engine, the scripts should be full perms, but you shouldn't have paid for them.   

However, the animations that were included with them is another question -- I can quite see how someone might come to sell (whether deliberately or not) ripped animations as part of a set.

I can assure you that the nPose animation system is legit (Nandana Singh, who made it, is no longer in SL, at least not on that account, but I can get in touch with her if necessary and she'll confirm that) and so is MLPV.    But the provenance of any animations suppied with particular instances of those systems is, of course, another question.

Thanks.  I've seen the message and, as you know from our exchanges of PMs, I've had a look at the items in the guy's shop.

The animation engine he is using is clearly MLPV.   He shouldn't be selling it, but there's no problem with the engine itself, or with you including it in your builds. 

As to the animations, all the ones I looked at in his beds appeared to be made by him, and I don't think there's a way to make saleable copies of someone else's anims with you as creator (people have told me it's possible, but I've never seen it or seen a ripper viewer that purports to be able to -- I do keep an eye on their YouTube channels because, since my business partner is an animator, I like to know what the bad guys are up to). 

As I suggested in my PM, since you've been given a name of someone from whom the animations were supposedly ripped, I guess in your position I'd contact him direct and ask if he thought this chap had ripped his animations.

Hm, there are animation files that you can buy online and upload them to second life.

There are  full perm free engines, you could copy in your own scripts and notecards.

So the creator of the anims and the engine can the same person legally.

I found that out when looking for full perm animations before finding the same animations uploaded and sold by 2 different people. I contacted one girl and she gave me the link to the website, well store, that sells full perm animation files for rl money to download. Sorry I don't remember the website, it was like 2 years ago ;/

Be aware that there are also animators out there who sell full bvh animation files for you to upload to SL and allow a full perm resale. For example Inf Designs (Just google it). Only restriction is not to sell the Bvh files.

This is what many sellers of those engines do, so your purchased engine animations are probably not copybotted. But i would compare the animations to be sure. You can talk to me i-world, i can probably tell you if your purchased engine has illegal animations included..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.