"add" item to skirt layer

Susan Kenin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am trying to make in SL a RL dress I just bought. The dress comes in two layers. The outer layer is semi-transparent; the inner layer is opaque.

For the top I created a top in GIMP set to about 50% opacity and used an existing camisole, opaque and the same color. That works OK, I put on a bra, "add" the camisole (it is on the undershirt layer), and then wear the top (on the shirt layer). You can barely see the straps from the bra and camisole (like my RL dress).

However, the skirt is a different story. I created two skirts, same color but one with 50% opacity, the other opaque. I wear the opaque skirt, looks OK. I then "add" the 50% opacity skirt, and the inner opaque skirt disappears. I am left with my panties showing through a mostly transparent skirt! I take off the outer skirt and the inner opaque skirt immediately appears. But I cannot wear both skirts at the same time.

I have experimented several times, and I cannot seem to wear two items on the skirt layer, although the feature seems to work OK on all other layers.

I am using the latest Firestorm viewer, but the problem seems to be the same on other viewers. Am I doing something wrong or does the software not work right?

Susan

I was the one that created the JIRA. I use the "add" function to place multiple items on a layer on all of the layers other than skirt. I have never had a problem with semi-transparent items being worn over other items on the same layer except on the skirt layer.

I have tried wearing an opaque slip (as a skirt) and then adding a semi-transparent skirt over it. The bottom item, the slip, disappears. There are several things I would like to do if the add function worked on the skirt like it does on other layers:

1. semi-transparent skirt over opaque slip,
  2. Belt, made as an extremely short skirt, over a skirt, as in a dress with a belt,
  3. Bottom part of jacket made as a very short skirt so that it falls over, no under, the skirt (skirted suits),

And other things I haven't thought of yet.

• Like 1

I have the same complaint, for the same reasons. In particular, I would like to wear jackets with skirts, with the bottom of the jacket falling over the skirt. I would also like to have a slightly transparent skirt over an opaque slip. All of this would be possible if only the skirt layer worked like the other layers with the "add" function.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.