When will Linden Labs phase out commision items

HarleyRainn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Everything you see in the marketplace has some sort of commision this needs to stop NOW. The creator is getting rich off the products for doing nothing at all. This is bad for us, they can be earning 1000 lindens a day for the extreme popular items while us the consumer struggle to start a business. What are your thoughts on commision items, should they phase them out

Not sure if they are referring to commission vendors or business in a box type things, Immy, since they say "everything". I mean sure there are a lot of these commission things out there but it's no where close to being "everything". I believe OP is just mad because he is having a hard time selling his items. 

@OP Maybe try advertising, opening an inworld store, making better products than your competition?

HarleyRainn wrote:

Everything you see in the marketplace has some sort of commision this needs to stop NOW. The creator is getting rich off the products for doing nothing at all. This is bad for us, they can be earning 1000 lindens a day for the extreme popular items while us the consumer struggle to start a business. What are your thoughts on commision items
should they phase them out

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're talking about. The creator (merchants) and consumers(people who buy the creators products)...creators do not charge a commission. Creators charge a price for their product. And once a consumer starts a business, they are now the creator. I'm totally lost on what you mean? Are you just mixing up your terminology or are you talking about something completely different?

Oh maybe you're meaning LL is the creator? Well first, they are not. they don't create any of the products. Second, they will always charge a commission. And "creators" meaning the builder of those items don't struggle because of it, you simply raise your price to include that fee, not a big deal.

I believe they are referring to Resell Vendors. Such as if you had your business in a vendor that i could buy and every sale from it i would get 50% of the L$ and you would get the rest. i see no issue with it, until i get to a mall that is full of nothing but them.. which has happened. SMH.

HarleyRainn wrote:

The creator is getting rich off the products for doing nothing at all.

You mean aside from creating all of the products in the first place?

HarleyRainn wrote:

This is bad for us, they can be earning 1000 lindens a day for the extreme popular items while us the consumer struggle to start a business.

i believe you mean "we the other merchants." not consumers. Consumers purchase items. While it is true that they can also be merchants, most consumers aren't.

HarleyRainn wrote:

What are your thoughts on commision items
should they phase them out

I have no issue with them. I hope my items get popular enough to warrant me making a commission vendor to sell.

Those business-in-a-box have been there since the start of SL. It's a scheme for the rich to get richer and poor to get poorer. They don't pose a problem to average consumers. Just don't go anywhere near them. 99.999999% of those resellers sell absolute crap at ridiculous prices anyways. Why would successful stores need those **bleep**ty reseller vendors to start with? They won't affect most stores now because there's no way the crap those resellers sell can be better than the stuff stores offer these days.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.